Linux Systems Administrator - Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems. System and server administration experience required.
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Oversees implementation of testing strategies and documentation of results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
12. Serves as a technical team or task leader.
13. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
14. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
10-15 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Why Work at General Dynamics IT?
Work with top talent and some of the brightest minds in your field
Support missions that make a difference to our Nation
Become part of an organization that that is committed to the highest ethical standards in all that we do
Thrive in the stability of a large organization, building your career within General Dynamics IT
Want to move, or find a job close to home? We have positions in several locations in across the United States and the world
Enjoy a culture that supports work-life balance
Professional Development Assistance, covering the cost of obtaining professional & technical certifications
Educational Reimbursement toward degree programs and individual coursework
401K Match - with 100% vesting on day one
Health, Dental and Vision Coverage to keep you healthy, starting your first day
Healthy Rewards Program, where you can earn gift cards for practicing healthy habits
We know work-life balance is important and offer Paid Time Off, Plus 10 Paid Holidays
Employee Discount Program - Save up to 60% on hundreds of entertainment products