Sr Analyst, Functional
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) supports the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR). Our programs provide children in need with critical resources to assist them in becoming integrated members of American society.
Unaccompanied alien children apprehended by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) immigration officials are transferred to the care and custody of ORR. ORR promptly places an unaccompanied child in the least restrictive setting that is in the best interests of the child, taking into consideration danger to self, danger to the community, and risk of flight. ORR takes into consideration the unique nature of each child's situation and incorporates child welfare principles when making placement, clinical, case management, and release decisions that are in the best interest of the child.
Candidates for this position should peform the following:
- Analyzes user needs and performs research and functional analysis on a variety of projects.
- This position is typically populated by degreed professional subject-matter experts performing specialized analysis and design tasks. It is not to be used for technical support or help desk staff performing installation, troubleshooting, and/or repair tasks.
- Analyzes user needs to determine functional requirements for a wide variety of projects.
- Performs functional allocations to identify tasks and their inter-relationships.
- Researches, identifies, and recommends resources required for task execution and completion.
- Performs functional modeling based on requirements analysis.
- Serves as technical advisor to clients in assigned subject areas, recommends functional changes, and identifies areas for further investigation.
- Consults with clients to determine optimum design for assigned projects.
- Develops new systems or updates existing systems to meet client needs.
- Identifies emerging relevant technologies that may result in improvements to current processes and systems.
- Writes and updates project documentation including system procedures, presentations, and training materials.
- Conducts functional testing of various systems.
- May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced analysts.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies and subject areas.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelor's Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.
5-8 years of related experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.