The Scheduler reports to the Project Executive for the project that he/she was hired to support. Will be responsible for applying scheduling experience in supporting complex, multi-phase, multi-million dollar design and construction projects. General duties shall include, but not be limited to, prepare detail schedules, review of contractor schedules and review TIA’s. The Scheduler is the liaison between the Project Managers, Program Controls Manager and team, communicating project schedule analysis and reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain an integrated schedule with FFE procurements and installation dates.
- Present a schedule debriefing as needed for the project to the Client and Major Stakeholders.
- Regularly scheduled weekly Inspection site walks of the 625,000 SF facilities with Tenant, Owner, and Contractor and A&E when appropriate.
- Review construction status of Tenant Improvement items as well as Base Building items as they affect TI work.
- Ensures that changes are being distributed and followed in the field according to schedule.
- Participates in the monthly draft invoice review on behalf of client. Ensures the amount of work billed is in accordance with progress that is being made in the field. Verifies any stored materials that may be invoiced with a visit to the specified storage facility. Prepares emails verifying observations relating to the billing.
- Develop and maintain detailed construction planning schedules for new construction and renovation work, as required. These schedules may incorporate several scenarios used to finalize construction sequencing and contracting plans. Special emphasis will be focused on stakeholder issues for the project completion.
- Develop and analyze man-hour resources, equipment resources and cost loaded, time-phased schedules.
- Prepare detailed plans and time scaled charts and diagrams
- Monitor project progress against an established baseline.
- Provide impact analysis of schedule changes, identify schedule variances and opportunities and proactively develop mitigation strategies for the Project Management team.
- Maintain simplified logic schedules to highlight status of key interfaces for critical path review.
- Review design and/or construction schedules and provide written comments. Coordinate schedule comments and corrections with Contractors
- Advise senior management of schedule performance issues
- Evaluate requests for time extensions
- Provide progress reporting documents and briefing materials as required. Develop creative reporting tools to communicate complex project sequencing and/or progress assessments. Responsible for promptly reporting schedule slippage or other variances.
- Possesses master schedule system and project interface and integration understanding and appreciation for time frames necessary.
- Perspective for base building core and shell schedule development and timeframe needed for tenant build out successfully merging competing interests. History of being a successful communicator, collaborator and facilitator.
- Ability to work with others, a self-starter with results-driven focus.
- Capability to assume additional responsibilities.
- Proven accuracy, reliability and completeness in job accomplishment.
- Demonstrated success on the job, as evidenced by satisfactory performance, acceptance of responsibility and growth in previous position.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, with an ability to communicate complex issues to a non-technical audience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management or 5 years of relevant field experience.
- Scheduler Certification is a plus.
- Proven experience as construction scheduler.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project Schedule and Primavera P6 is required.
- Great attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Well-organized and reliable.
- Demonstrated experience with Primavera Project Planner Version 6.0 or higher is required.
- Working knowledge of ProCore preferred.
- Microsoft Office Suite of software is required.
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat and/or Bluebeam is required
Send your resume to