Commercial Real Estate Credit Analyst
The Credit Analyst position exists to provide credit analysis, mortgage underwriting, cash flow modeling and support for the business development officer for new loan originations, mortgage securitizations, and portfolio management.
1. The Credit Analyst will be responsible for underwriting commercial real estate, cooperative housing, and community association transactions and analyzing potential new business for portfolio and secondary market transactions while managing the banks current CRE and cooperative portfolio. Works closely with Senior Credit Analyst, Vice President of Underwriting and senior management for the purposes of prospecting new transactions, analyzing the credit quality of prospective business, and managing the risk of current CRE portfolio. Functions will include credit analysis, due diligence, minor closing tasks and loan processing. Analysis includes preparing and reviewing a spreadsheet of historical financial data, evaluating impact of new debt on current cash flow, sensitizing projections for worst case scenarios and comparing ratios to industry averages. In addition to financial review, a collateral and industry assessment is included in a written presentation, which also summarizes strengths and weaknesses of credit and a recommendation to decline or approve the request. 40%
2. Responsible for processing committed transaction and submitting deals for approval. Incumbent must possess the ability to present both committed transactions and prospective deals to the CRE Credit Committee for approval. The Credit Analyst will underwrite and perform risk analysis permanent mortgages, for property acquisition, refinance, housing cooperatives, and community associations. Underwriting encompasses: cash flow modeling, asset valuation, debt structuring & pricing, due diligence (environmental, appraisal, feasibility and engineering reports), analyzing market conditions, lease review, loan document review, closing and loan administration. 35%
3. Provide portfolio and industry analysis as necessary for portfolio and prospective new business. Stay abreast of market conditions and other changes that impact the conduit line of business using the Internet and other research tools. Attend industry-related conference and seminars. 10%
4. Engage in compliance for annual USA Patriot Act compliance and perform other duties as assigned. 5%
5. Conduct loan file audits, assist the Capital Markets group with loan sale activity and support the affordable housing and Mission Bank activity. 5%
6. Manage internal database for pipeline and reporting. 5%
BA/BS in finance, business administration or real estate finance; National Cooperative Bank
1-3 years of mortgage underwriting in a commercial real estate environment or credit analysis in a commercial lending environment.
Demonstrated analytical, cash flow modeling and conceptual skills.
Strong credit & risk analysis skills, presentation skills and Microsoft Office and Excel spreadsheet skills.
Create models used to evaluate the strength of borrower’s cash flow and its viability to provide for primary and secondary sources of repayment, as well as models to assess refinance risk.
Underwriting the financial strength of an individual, including the analysis of personal financial statements and personal/corporate tax returns.
Strong knowledge of loan structuring with ability to balance bank objectives and borrower expectations.
Apply for Commercial Real Estate Credit Analyst
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly