Legislative Affairs Associate - 18016
World Wildlife Fund (WWF), the world's leading conservation organization, seeks a Legislative Affairs Associate for Policy & Government Affairs. Under the rubric of the WWF Legislative strategy, the Legislative Affairs Associate will support the Legislative Affairs team in analysis, coordination, and outreach to the United States Congress that may influence or affect WWF programs, policies, and resources. The person in this role will Identify and engage stakeholders who can change policy, and identify approaches and opportunities for influencing emerging leaders and policies.
- Support the regular updating and implementation of a legislative outreach strategy for WWF. Help ensure that this strategy is carried out in close coordination with WWF's executive branch outreach efforts.
- Work with other members of the Legislative Affairs team to develop outreach strategies for WWF engagement with Congress based on priorities defined by WWF-US and the WWF Network. Understand WWF priorities and how they are impacted by USG policy, resource, and programmatic changes.
- Establish and maintain professional and collegial relationships with congressional staff, and actively promote and facilitate relationship building between congressional offices and WWF leadership. Engage with House Members, Senators, and their staff on behalf of WWF leadership, working flexibly and collaboratively with colleagues who have relationships with staff.
- Engage with appropriate congressional staff on relevant policy issues on the Hill for WWF-US and design and execute engagement and advocacy strategies to achieve priorities defined by WWF-US.
- Promote conservation, environmental, and related development priorities within and across major legislative initiatives and strategies, and reflected in conceptual frameworks, resource allocation, selectivity, goals, activities, benchmarks, and measures of impact.
- Responsible for written and oral communication of WWF's positions in timely response to USG timelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in political science, environmental policy, international development or a related field.
- Must have 4 years of experience working in US government relations, international conservation, or international development.
- Experience as staff for a Member of Congress preferred.
- Close familiarity with US government processes – administrative, regulatory, and legislative – is important.
- Strong staff relationships in the House and Senate is desired.
- Having credibility working with congressional leadership is beneficial.
- Strong understanding of the US policy process.
- Flexible, adaptive, and collaborative team-player in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Goal oriented with a friendly and professional approach.
- Able to identify and effectively target agents of policy change.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to craft clear messages that resonate with intended targets audiences.
- Strong organizational, facilitation and negotiating skills.
- Strategic planning skills and demonstrated experience.
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #18016
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/d2sqf2mnrrbq77vr