General Dynamics Information Technology is looking for a program assistant to join our team in Jacksonville! Performs various clerical, administrative, and secretarial duties for the Senior Site Manager of Contact Center Operations for the Census Questionnaire Assistance (CQA) contract. The work environment will be fast-paced and will require an individual to juggle many different tasks while paying attention to details and ensuring deadlines are met.
- The Office Assistant will support the on-site operations management team of the Census contract for GDIT. This individual will report to the Senior Site Manager for the CQA program at the site.
- Provides the CQA operations management team with administrative support, including but not limited to, ordering general office or other operations supplies, preparing routine status reports, reconciling financial reports.
- Responds to routine inquiries.
- Prepares and maintains files and other records.
- Schedules and maintains calendar of appointments, meetings, and travel itineraries, and coordinates related arrangements.
- Serves as a local point of contact for property management at the site, including updating the property control system with new or retired assets.
- Serves as a timecard administrator with limited authorization to proxy-sign timecards in an employee's absence.
- Provides on-site support for recruitment event logistics. Assists the management team with support at events, including the collection and review of applicant paperwork.
- Participates in special projects as required
- Requires a High School Diploma or GED.
- 0-1 years of related administrative experience
- Government contracting environment is preferred
- Attention to detail is required
- Ability to prioritize work will be a key to success
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required
- Effective administrative and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in the use of general office equipment, fax machine, photocopier, and personal computer.
- Proficiency in the use of basic office-related software applications, such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Security clearance required - position contingent on ability to obtain low risk security clearance
- May be required to work off-shift as necessary, to include night and weekend, to support recruiting events
- Ability to become a notary public to support collection of background investigation forms from applicants
- Strong typing skills preferred
- Detail oriented
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to prioritize and organize work
The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires proper safety and security precautions. To ensure our contact center production area is at minimal risk for unauthorized disclosure (that is, the release or divulgence of information by an entity to persons or organizations outside of that entity) of Personally Identifiable Information (PII) or Protected Health Information (PHI), the work environment operates under a Secure Floor Policy. The Secure Floor Policy limits or restricts personal belongings, electronic devices, or paper that can be brought into production areas.
Work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes, or equipment.
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.