Principal Engineer, Field (w/Polygraph)
The incumbent will support the customer's system build, test, and installation requirements/activities that shall include, but not be limited to:
- Placing orders for required equipment or components to support build-out of communications packages under customer procurement efforts.
- Uncrating, set-up, and build-out of new equipment
- Hardware and software configuration and customization of communications packages
- System integration and testing of built packages
- Pack-out and shipment of the complete packages
- Removal and appropriate disposal of any old or excess communications and computer equipment, hard drives, memory, and video cards
- Preparation of customer system documentation
- Conducting site surveys as needed prior to installation
- Drawings of rack elevations, system component front and back views, wiring interconnect diagrams, wire lists, and networks
- Training of onsite customer personnel on developed and installed packages
- Test, inspection, verification of all customer tactical communications systems ensuring compliance with COMSEC policies and procedures and project management requirements.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
8-10 years of related systems engineering experience.
This position requires extensive OCONUS travel (up to 40%) to include conflict zones.
A background/experience in network engineering/network configuration is required for this position.
A customer weapons qualification or the ability to obtain a customer weapons qualification is required.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.