Jr. Cyber Security Engineer/Analyst - 1340
The MIL Corporation seeks a Jr. Cyber Security Engineer/Analyst to support a Federal Government client at our Lexington Park, MD 20653 location. MIL is approaching problems in Cyber Security that present unique opportunities to support the defense of our nation's critical infrastructure, support our nation's forces and emergency responders, and advance capabilities of our government, military and private sector clients.
Areas of focus include: Cyber Threat Emulation; Incident Response and Handling; Technical Vulnerability Analysis, Assessments, and Remediation; Information Assurance and Risk Management Framework Support; Technical Vulnerability Test and Evaluation; Modeling and Simulation; Reverse Engineering; Digital Forensics; Industrial Control Systems and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition; Non-Internet Protocol Based Networks and Systems of systems.
The Jr. Cyber Security Engineer/Analyst will become part of MIL Cyber, which is responsible for the execution of MIL's Cyber strategy and supporting MIL's Federal Government clients while working in collaboration with the C4IS, ETS and ITS business sectors.
• Analyze systems on client's network to identify vulnerabilities, anomalous network behavior, compromised network hardware, and advanced malware
• Provide prioritized recommendations to either remove or mitigate issues detected, helping to harden and defend the client's network
• Utilize commercial, open-source and internal, custom-built tools and techniques
• Aid the client in implementing many of the corresponding countermeasures
• Provide guidance in handling incidents where malicious network traffic behavior is identified and in removing malware from the network
• Perform Computer Security Incident Response activities and coordinate with other government agencies to record and report incidents
• Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation
• Recognize potential, successful and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information
• Bachelor's degree in the field of Computer Science, Information Management or related field and 2 years -OR- Associate's degree and 4 years -OR- HS/GED and 8 years of practical computer security experience in secure networks and systems design, analysis, procedure/test generation, test execution, and implementation of computer/network security mechanisms
• 2 to 5 years related experience in network and data security administration
• Basic understanding of operating systems, networks, embedded systems, penetration testing, Cyber Exploitation, Cyber Attack, Cyber Defense, software security, malware analysis, digital forensics, cyber system engineering, reverse engineering, cyber test & evaluation, and/or encryption algorithms and technologies
• Certifications which qualify the candidate for IAT I (CCNA Security, A+ ce, Network+ ce, and SSCP) or IAM I (Security +ce, CAP, and GSLC) according to DoD Directive 8140.01 which provides the basis for an enterprise-wide solution to train, certify, and manage the DoD Cybersecurity Workforce
• Certification in one of the following: Security+, ISSEP, CEH, OSCP, CISA, CISM, GCIA, GCIH, CSIH, GCFA, GSNA, and other SANS GIAC Cyber Security certifications
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
• Broad understanding of operating systems, networks, embedded systems, penetration testing, Cyber Exploitation, Cyber Attack, Cyber Defense, software security, malware analysis, digital forensics, cyber system engineering, reverse engineering, cyber test & evaluation, and/or encryption algorithms and technologies
• Certification in two of the following: Security+, ISSEP, CEH, OSCP, CISA, CISM, GCIA, GCIH, CSIH, GCFA, GSNA, and other SANS GIAC Cyber Security certifications
• Active Top Secret SCI clearance
All applicants for this position must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance; please note that the clearance process takes into account financial background aspects.
The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #CB