Analyst III, Service Desk
- Protects PenFed data by adhering to established procedures while administering security access for numerous PenFed systems utilizing access control software including:
- Supports internal and external personnel with security reviews
- Act as the primary point of contact for IT customers who are requesting service or reporting problems. Provide excellent customer service while fulfilling requests and providing support. Respond to the requests in a timely manner and facilitate first contact resolution utilizing technical expertise and knowledge base information. Escalate in a timely manner when first contact resolution is not possible.
- Receive incoming requests for technical support. Respond to the requests in a timely manner and facilitate first contact resolution utilizing technical expertise and knowledge base information. Escalate to level 2 technicians in a timely manner when first level resolution is not possible.
- Comply with Incident Management, Severity 1 escalation procedures/ reporting practices and policies related to managing access to PenFed systems and resources.
- Troubleshoot more complex end user issues on various software applications, hardware systems, and systems access issues and provide basic desktop application support. Refer more complex problems to appropriate IT department
- Record all information associated with incidents, problems and/or requests in the Service Desk ticketing system in an accurate and timely manner
- Maintain a composed and polite relationship with Business and IT colleagues, who may be challenging when reporting incidents or making service requests; recognizing the priority of the issue or request in the context of IT service delivery.
- Maintain a high level of familiarity with PenFed systems and services in order to accurately document incidents, provide support, and escalate appropriately as needed.
- Lead creation and maintenance of Service Desk team documentation, including access control activities
- Provide training and mentoring for Service Desk Analyst I and II
- Requires ability to work “off hours” to implement solutions in order to limit impact/exposure to customers and being “on-call” as assigned
- Continuous skills enhancement in a dynamic technical environment is required
- Support a culture of continuous improvement
- This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is preferred
Three (3) years’ of IT customer service and technical experience required
Advanced knowledge of Windows and iOS operating systems, Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office Suite products
Advanced knowledge of personal computer hardware, including laptops, desktops, monitors, keyboards, mice, printers, scanners, fax machines and iDevices
Advanced knowledge of Active Directory and Windows permissions
Experience with RACF administration. Experience with mainframe tools such as TSO, ISPF text editor as required for executing and analyzing mainframe access administration processes.
Basic knowledge of TCP/IP and Lan switches
A combination of education and experience which meet the requisite skill level
Founded in 1935, and still growing, we began as the War Department Federal Credit Union. Today, PenFed is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.5 million members and over $21 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as on military bases in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed will maintain and observe personnel policies which will prohibit discrimination or harassment against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability and all other statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 703-838-1568.