Director of Faculty Diversity Initiatives
6 days left
- Full Time
Job Category : Admin or Professional Faculty
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Director of Faculty Diversity Initiatives
The George Mason University Office of the Provost is seeking applications for a Director of Faculty Diversity Initiatives. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masons academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Position Description and Mission: As part of a set of institutional commitments to diversity and inclusion, George Mason University has created a new position for a director of Faculty Diversity Initiatives. The director of Faculty Diversity Initiatives will be responsible for creating and coordinating programs across Mason campuses in support of educational development for diversity, inclusion, and equity. The director will provide leadership for Mason, working with our faculty community to support inclusive teaching and learning practices; develop programming focused on equity and diversity; foster an inclusive climate for learning; and ultimately, support student success. The incumbent will be housed in the Stearns Center for Teaching and Learning and will work closely with CDE and University Life. This individual will report to the Associate Provost for Faculty Affairs and Development.
- Lead, in collaboration with academic units and faculty, efforts to integrate diversity, equity, and inclusion into curricular and co-curricular initiatives;
- Create, in collaboration with campus stakeholders, programming for individual faculty, departments, and colleges/schools that offers opportunities for sustained dialogue around issues concerning diversity, equity, and inclusion;
- Create collaborative and interdisciplinary alliances around existing diversity and inclusion initiatives;
- Develop and share existing diversity and inclusion resources to improve campus climate;
- Teach at least one course annually;
- In collaboration with the Associate Provost for Faculty Affairs and Development, recognize faculty excellence in diversity and inclusion; and
- Other duties as needed.
- Ph.D. is required, and field of study is open;
- Demonstrated experience in teaching, scholarship or service related to diversity and inclusion;
- Flexible, well-organized, inquisitive, resourceful, detail-oriented, creative and ethical;
- Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple tasks in order to thrive in our busy, diverse, and collaborative environment;
- Knowledge and understanding of current educational approaches around the development, implementation, and assessment of curriculum that supports diversity, equity, and inclusion;
- Demonstrated success working with faculty on inclusive teaching and learning approaches;
- Administrative experience or other examples of effectively coordinating and communicating with faculty, staff, and administrators across the disciplines;
- Strong leadership, particularly around building collaborative teams, and success working with individuals from diverse backgrounds;
- Demonstrated success with project management; and
- A record of teaching excellence as an instructional faculty member, especially with respect to utilizing inclusive strategies.
- Track record in grant writing and solicitation of external funding for diversity and inclusion initiatives.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number FA39Ez at http://jobs.gmu.edu; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, current CV, a list of three professional references with contact information, and a statement that describes your teaching philosophy and approach to educational development for diversity and inclusion.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :