Third Party Billing Coordinator, Office of Billing and Payment Services - Division of Financial Aff
Third Party Billing Coordinator, Office of Billing and Payment Services - Division of Financial Affairs
The Third Party Billing Coordinator is the primary liaison between the university, public and private organizations wishing to pay for a student's tuition at Georgetown University, and the sponsored students. Reporting to the Manager of Third Party Billing, the Coordinator has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Solicits, analyzes, and properly processes sponsorship documentation submitted by students and entities
- Manages the invoicing process
- Manages accounting for payment and non-payment
- Administers communication and information-sharing between the student, the entity, and other Georgetown colleagues.
- Serves as the designated leader for OBPS customer service staff with respect to third party billing issues that arise in the course of normal customer services.
- Leads the department's efforts to liaise with staff members of other offices throughout the University with interest in the student-entity relationship - including customer service staff in Registrar's Office, Financial Aid counselors, and student-facing administrators in academic departments.
- interacts with financial administrators from third-party agencies, as well as with the students whom these organizations sponsor.
- Bachelor's degree - with preference for advanced coursework in accounting, finance, and business communication
- 2 years of professional experience
- Proficiency with the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with relational databases (particularly student record systems)
- Experience with banking, billing, and payment software
- Experience reconciling general ledger accounts
- Experience writing financial reports
- Experience in a finance or accounting office
- Experience in higher education or working for an entity that sponsors students to attend classes
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.