Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
No. Vacancies: 1.00
Department: 14035.Human Resources
Location: McLean, VA
Travel %: None
Education: Four-year college degree
Experience: At least 3 years of experience required
Equivalency: Equivalent combination of education & experience considered
Does this position have direct reports: No
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
This role supports the corporate HR / compensation function in the design, development, implementation, compliance, administration and communication of global companywide compensation programs. The role provides technical compensation support to the HR Business Partners, talent acquisition team and company management, with focus on benchmarking and preparing competitive offer analyses, optimizing employee recognition programs, and administering the annual merit and bonus cycle. The Compensation Analyst is also responsible for administering the companywide Equity Incentive Plan (EIP). Compensation program support includes base pay, annual bonus, sales incentives, equity awards, employee recognition and other rewards in a SOX environment.
Key role component is on maintaining the Marketpay system for conducting competitive analyses, and the BAML equity plan recordkeeping system (Bank of America / Merrill Lynch) for EIP administration.
- Conduct analysis of jobs, salaries and incentives to evaluate internal equity and determine competitiveness; work closely with HR Business Partners to analyze and market price new and revised job descriptions
- Maintain and update the Marketpay system; lead the salary survey participation process ensuring timely input and responses to inquiries from survey providers
- Administer the company's equity plans (including off-cycle and annual grants, exercises, forfeitures, etc.) ensuring that all transactions are accurately processed in a SOX-compliant and timely manner; partner closely with payroll, accounting, finance, legal and tax to ensure seamless administration and compliance
- Prepare equity reports and respond to data requests for legal, financial reporting and auditors
- Administer the Company's employee recognition program; recommend and implement program enhancements in partnership with HR and Corporate Communications
- Assist in preparing the quarterly sales incentive plan package and payouts for committee approval; help prepare payout and quota statements
- Support administration of the annual merit and bonus cycle, including system setup, testing and training
- Provide analytical support for broader HR initiatives, as assigned
- Seek opportunities to improve processes, policies and service levels across the HR function
- Collaborate with HR team members on special cross functional projects as assigned
- Identify opportunities for administrative efficiency in plan administration
- Recommend system enhancements and tools to elevate customer service
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities to be considered for the role:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Finance, Economics, or other business related field
- Three years of professional experience in a compensation related role with minimum one year administering compensation programs
- Experience administering equity plans strongly preferred
- Experience with benchmarking tools such as Marketpay strongly preferred
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Extreme attention to detail, with ability to detect inconsistencies in data
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated track record of handling sensitive information with discretion
- Must be able to handle multiple projects / tasks simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- CEP or CCP designation a plus
- Enterprise Leadership
- Customer Focus
- Collaboration Champion
- This position requires ITAR access; all candidates must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.