Vice President, Global Business Group on Health
The National Business Group on Health (The Business Group), the nation's leading non-profit organization bringing together large employers to advance improvements in health care management and delivery, health policy, and employee well-being, seeks a qualified candidate for the position of Vice President within its Global Business Group on Health division. The Business Group is comprised of over 415+ members, mostly Fortune 500 companies, including the nation's most successful leaders of health care and other benefit programs. A 501(c)(3) organization, the Business Group has been an important voice for large employers and business on health and healthcare issues in Washington DC and national policy circles since 1974. The Business Group offers competitive salaries based on experience and education and has competitive benefits for employees including a 200% 403B employer match, tuition reimbursement, 100% public transportation subsidy, generous PTO and a flexible work schedule. For further information, see http://www.businessgrouphealth.org.
The Global Business Group on Health (GBGH) division of the Business Group is comprised of over 80 Business Group member companies that have operations in geographies around the world. GBGH members convene four times a year to hear from global health and benefits experts and to share their experiences and best practices to advance global health, benefits and workforce solutions for their respective organizations.
The Vice President has overall strategic and operational responsibility for the Global Business Group on Health. This position is based full-time in Washington, DC and reports directly to the President/CEO of the National Business Group on Health.
- Provide leadership, implement vision and ensure programmatic excellence for the Global Business Group on Health.
- Keep GBGH membership on the leading edge of innovation, thinking and action to address global health care strategy, benefit design, governance, access and financing.
- Create and sustain outstanding member service by analyzing and responding to global health, benefits and employee well-being trends that impact multinational employers.
- Collaborate with GBGH Forum co-chairs, members, industry partners and GBGH staff to develop programs and resources that anticipate and respond to the needs of global employers.
- Provide day-to-day supervision and develop/retain high-performing team members, empowering them to elevate their level of responsibility and performance.
- Mentor team members to advance critical skill sets including but not limited to: writing for a business audience, critical thinking about relevant global topics and clear verbal communication.
- Maintain and expand financial support for existing and new initiatives, developing new funder relationships when indicated and managing the solicitation, invoicing and renewal process for all GBGH stakeholders.
- Represent the National and Global Business Groups on Health at relevant conferences, meetings and professional organizations.
- In coordination with the CFO, manage all financial aspects of GBGH.
- Serve as a member of the NBGH Leadership Team to formulate and drive the organization’s strategic work plan.
- Collaborate with the Vice President of Membership and Member Services to recruit new members to both the National and Global Business Groups on Health.
- Other duties as assigned by the President/CEO of NBGH.
- 15+ years’ experience in global health/wellness and/or corporate global benefits.
- Master’s Degree in business, MPH with concentration in global health, Master’s in global human resource management or related field required.
- Credentials such as the Global Professional in Human Resources (GPHR) or the Certificate in Global Benefits Management desired.
- 10+ years’ experience working internationally, in person and/or virtually, ideally in a corporate environment.
- 10+ years’ in a leadership role.
- At least 10 years’ employee supervisory experience.
- Experience working in the non-profit sector a plus but not required.
- Detailed knowledge of multinational corporate benefits planning/administration.
- Detailed understanding of global workforce health issues in both developed and developing countries. Experience with projects that address practical concerns is preferred over experience in primary research.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for a business audience.
- Resource development experience (e.g. white papers, practical guides/checklists, podcasts, surveys, webinars).
- Polished public speaker.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to facilitate problem-solving.
- Proven ability to mentor and develop staff in relevant global topic areas.
- Highly organized, detail oriented and thorough with the ability to track and document.
- Demonstrated ability to set goals and priorities, measure progress, handle multiple responsibilities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic, member service organization.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Excellent internal & external customer service skills and the ability to work across the organization with all levels of personnel.
- Proficient in all MS Office Suite software.
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Fluency in a second language a plus.
- International travel is not required; domestic travel is minimal.
Qualified candidates can submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Director, Finance & Administration
National Business Group on Health