Director of Planning & Administration
This newly created job needs a person with a special quality and a respected track record. An individual with experience to help ACR become more performance-focused. This person will be a strategic partner to the President, Louise Holton. We need a senior liaison between the staff, the board, and the President to be a key participant in organizational planning. We are seeking someone with the skills to ensure that all operations are proceeding in the direction of a five-year strategic plan, which still has to be developed.
Will Report to the President and to the Board
· will head up the development and implementation of current work and create new effective strategies.
· will be a partner to the President and senior staff to ensure coordinated work on key issues
· coordinate weekly senior team meetings and bi-weekly staff meetings.
· implement procedures to evaluate ACR’s organizational goals;
Institute annual performance evaluations for ACR staff
· Assist ACR Bookkeeper and senior managers to develop and manage a departmental budget
· This person must be able to accept the challenges and opportunities that the sometimes stressful work of rescuing cats can bring and manage the whole process of this work into the organization’s plans
· must be experienced as a senior-level manager
· must have good interpersonal skills with the ability to resolve conflicts
· Commitment to the goals of helping cats, especially outdoor cats, who are sometimes not accepted or welcomed by all
· must have excellent writing skills with high level of computer knowledge
· advanced degree would be a plus.
· Minimum of 8 years working in non-profits required
· Ability to travel if needed
Availability to be on call on weekends and evenings for email communications and cat emergencies
Salary negotiable depending on experience
Send your resume and cover letter, explaining why you would want to work for ACR
Apply for Director of Planning & Administration
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly