Lead Program Management Specialist
Lead Program Management Specialist
Office of the Registrar -Incoming Transcripts
Full time, Con II, Stateside Non-exempt 10
The University of Maryland University College seeks a Lead Program Management Specialist for the Incoming Transcript unit.
The Lead Program Management Specialist position will support day to day operations within the Incoming Transcript unit. The position will assist in managing the overall incoming transcript workflow through various systems and troubleshoot data issues ensuring accuracy of the documents received. The position will also provide additional support as a Lead beyond clerical duties expected. He/She will provide leadership, guidance and direction of workflow, which will allow the management staff to better manage the team as the Lead can provide high level subject matter expertise support for other work and training items. The Lead Program Management Specialist will also assist in other areas within both teams (Processing and Data Entry), establishing baselines and coordinate follow up. The incumbent will serve as a point of contact for the transcript processor and data entry teams, providing issue and problem resolution, make independent decisions and ensure the process is working efficiently and mentor front-line staff in determining authenticity of documents. The Lead Program Management Specialist will serve as part of a collaborative team designed to enhance efficiency, provide superior student service, use the most recent industry knowledge to create solutions to problems and streamline processes through the application of new technology to existing methods. The Lead Program Management Specialist will champion change based on the UMUC world class student service guiding principles.
- Research, identify, and use best practices in the area of transcripts to assure efficiency and accuracy in records, making recommendations to the Associate/Assistant Registrar for process improvements that move UMUC to outstanding customer service and industry leading processing times.
- Monitor and track problems to identify and solve large-scale or systemic issues.
- Service as an initial point of contact for escalations and as a knowledge expert to field general questions from the front line staff.
- Train staff in transcript processing, including cross-training other staff members in the unit and mentoring new hires. Develop training materials and learning aids.
- As a backup, assist in other areas within Incoming Transcripts/Data Entry, performing various job duties related to transcript processing, document scanning, and data entry.
- Provide team leadership for changing and updating processes.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
(25%) Manage the overall incoming transcript workflow through various systems and troubleshoot data issues ensuring accuracy of the documents received.
(25%) Serve as a point of contact for the teams, providing issue and problem resolution, make independent decision and ensure the process is working efficiently and mentor front-line staff in determining authenticity of documents.
(15%) Train staff in transcript processing, including cross-training other staff members in the unit and mentoring new hires. Develop training materials and learning aids.
(15%) Assist in the processing/scanning/data entry of incoming records and also the completion of CRM cases.
(15%) Research, troubleshoot, and resolve escalated student and staff issues related to the student transcript receiving process while demonstrating world class customer service.
(5%) Perform other duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
Total = 100%
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma
- 6 years of progressively responsible work experience in higher education document management systems
- Demonstrate knowledge of academic transcripts
- Understanding of transfer credit and accreditation policies and practices
- Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to effectively lead a variety of projects
- Ability to build collaboration within teams
- Exceptional organizational, communication skills both written and verbal
- Capable of prioritizing and managing multiple administrative tasks and working both independently and collaboratively
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate's Degree
- 7 years experience working with PeopleSoft Academic Advising and/or Campus Community modules
- Microsoft Access, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Strategic forward thinking approach
THIS POSITION IS AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY AND WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If you are an external candidate, you are required to create an account prior to completing your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to check on the status of your application or to apply to additional jobs.