Conservation International (CI) has been protecting nature for the benefit of all for over 30 years. Through science, policy, and partnerships, CI is helping build a healthier, more prosperous and more productive planet.
The Development Coordinator provides support for the relationship building and fundraising efforts of Development professionals based at HQ or in other CI offices. This position will primarily support the Donor Relations team with Annual Giving efforts centered around solicitations and stewardship. S/He will also serve as support staff for the Vice President, Donor Experience.
- Create, organize and execute quarterly mailings in coordination with Development Writer and Senior Director of Donor Relations. Manage process from start to finish working across divisions and with external vendors to execute solicitation and stewardship pieces efficiently and timely. Prepare in-house mailings for major and mid-level donor constituencies.
- Draft thank-you notes and correspondence as needed and providing phone support to donors as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining Raiser’s Edge records. Ensure that all relevant information about donors & prospects within Account Leads portfolios is entered and updated in Raiser's Edge, and generate regular reports (e.g., mailing lists, regional and portfolio giving history).
- Coordinate stewardship and cultivation collateral development with Brand & Communications creative team and outside vendors.
- Support events team for donor cultivation and stewardship events help for annual and major giving constituencies through providing invitation lists, designing and producing invitations (mail and email), tracking responses, provide logistical support at event and implementing post event follow-up.
- Maintain Annual Giving Communications calendar in coordination with Brand and Communications division and outside vendors.
- Record and submit financial expenditures, including reimbursements, credit card reconciliation, and travel expenses.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Typical office environment.
- Minimal travel.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Strong writing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- 2+ years experience in nonprofit environment, preferably in fundraising.
- Command of Microsoft Suite software.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge.
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter.
Conservation International is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer of minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of CI to afford equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment. CI offers reasonable accommodation in the employment process for individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. If you require an application accommodation due to a disability, please e-mail your request to email@example.com and include "accommodation" in the subject line.