Part-Time Overnight Crisis Workers
PRS, Inc., recognized as one of the 50 Best Nonprofits to work for in the US and recent winner of Top Places To Work by the Washington Post , is a community-based nonprofit organization that serves individuals living with mental illness, substance use disorders, mild intellectual disabilities, autism spectrum disorders and all individuals who face life crises.
We are seeking Part-Time Overnight Crisis Workers to respond to crisis hotline calls and text messages on weekdays and alternating weekends between the hours of 10:00pm to 6:00am or Midnight - 8:00am. We are recruiting for someone who can do both shift times.
Crisis Workers respond to hotline calls and text messages according to established protocol, assess the degree of callers' risk, ensure the confidentiality of callers and any information shared, provide callers with referrals to resources, and call for emergency medical and/or police intervention if necessary.
- Must successfully complete mandatory in-person and online Hotline/Textline Training of initially 60 hours.
- Must attend and complete on-going trainings and supervision that may be during daytime business hours.
- Must possess qualities of empathy and be non-judgmental and responsive to the feelings of callers.
- Ability to make sound decisions under pressure and be able to problem-solve with minimum supervision.
- Proven ability to remain alert on assigned shifts.
- Must be prompt and have reliable means of transportation required.
- Computer experience and proficient typing skills.