Vendor Management - Associate
The Vendor Management Analyst will be a part of the New Programs and Operations Team. The team is responsible for the identification and execution of strategic initiatives. The Vendor Management Analyst is responsible for building and managing relationships with those who supply products and services to GIS ensuring that vendors meet or exceed their contractual obligations. This is a highly visible and dynamic position within the organization and requires an individual with strong communication skills and can think strategically and execute tactically. This role requires experience in a strong background in managing vendor service agreements (SLA’s, KPI’s, etc.) with a focus on IT services. The Vendor Management Analyst should have experience with risk mitigation and compliance as well as experience in supplier relationship building inside a medium to large size organization.
- Strategically manage a portfolio of key vendors.
- Build strategic partnerships with new and existing vendors.
- Manage the entire RFP process from initiation through selection of vendors and final negotiation of terms.
- Perform market research to ensure that negotiated terms are fair yet favorable to API.
- Facilitate contract discussions with vendors, including the negotiation of terms.
- Perform research and assist in the identification of new vendors
- Monitor contractual agreements to ensure spend is on target and deliverables are met
- Manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, establish priorities and own vendor management process from initiation through contract closure.
- Initiate surveys, perform data analysis and prepare reports to present to senior management as part of ongoing vendor management activities.
- Independently create and distribute status reports, provide recommendations for resolving potential issues, and develop methods to keep leadership informed and engaged.
- Builds collaborative partnerships with internal and external partners to enhance the capacity and capabilities of the association to identify and deliver innovative solutions to critical business problems.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience managing vendor relationships.
- BA/BS degree(s) in business or a related technical or business discipline.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Highly motivated, inquisitive, self-started with the ability to multi-task and effectively manage priorities to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, and Project)
- Proven experience in developing and maintaining strong working relationships with other functional groups including the facilitation of key groups across organization.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to clearly and concisely present issues, ideas and recommendations in verbal, written and presentation formats
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects and the capacity to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Proven ability to motivate, influence, communicate and gain commitment at all levels of the organization
- Ideal candidate should excel at building relationships and selling the importance of Business Excellence/Continuous Improvement - be both passionate and aggressive at how the work is approached.