INFOSEC/IDS Analyst (Top Secret / Night Shift)
Sparks Group is currently assisting a Security Operations Center (SOC) in Sterling, VA as they transition to 24/7 operational support. We have multiple opportunities for both 2nd and 3rd shifts and are actively interviewing qualified candidates. These positions requires an Active Top Secret Clearance and at least 4 years of INFOSEC/IDS experience.
- Maintains existing security tools and creates new security tool signatures to ensure maximum performance and availability.
- Forensically identifies, collects, preserves, analyzes, and presents computer-related data recovered from an enterprise environment.
- Performs all aspects of intrusion detection, log and audit management, network and database vulnerability assessment and compliance management, and security configuration.
- Addresses problems, installs, configures, troubleshoots, and provides maintenance and training in response to customer requirements or inquires.
- Conducts the integration/testing, operations, and maintenance of systems security.
- Installs, configures, troubleshoots, and maintains server configurations (hardware and software) to ensure their confidentiality, integrity, and availability. Also manages accounts, security devices, and patches; responsible for access control/passwords/account creation and administration.
- Analyze collected information to identify vulnerabilities and potential for exploitation.
- Provides support in the identification, documentation, and development of computer and network security countermeasures.
- Performs penetration testing on enterprise network.
- Identifies network and operating systems vulnerabilities and recommends countermeasures.
- Supports the deployment and integration of security tools.
- Develops, updates, and maintains internal Standard Operating Procedure for all internal assigned functions.
- Provides system operation support, administers hardware and software inventory, and oversees administration of a laboratory environment.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience in Information System Security, Cyber Security, Computer Forensics, or Insider Threat.
- Network monitoring and intrusion detection using host-based and network-based intrusion detection systems (IDS) and log management applications.
- Testing, installing, patching, and upgrading computer hardware and operating systems (Windows, and UNIX) in an enterprise environment.
- Engineering, testing, installing, patching, and upgrading various information security hardware and software applications.
- Identifying, collecting, processing, documenting, reporting, cyber security/ incident response events.
- Architecting, engineering, developing and implementing cyber security/incident response policies and procedures.
- Related experience in information system security, cyber security, computer forensics, insider threat, information certification & accreditation regulations, Federal standards, industry best practices and guidelines.
Qualified candidates should send their resume to Sparks Group for additional details. Please note resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered.
We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!