Program Associate - Market Development
7 days left
- Full Time
Come join the American Petroleum Institute (API) as a Program Associate with our Market Development group. In this role, you will have the potential to learn from many experienced professionals and grow within an organization that is on the cutting edge of oil, gas and energy policy development.
Please submit a cover letter and resume. Only applications that include both a cover letter and resume will be reviewed. Submit these documents as one PDF or Word file when prompted through the online application process. You may also submit the cover letter in the text resume field on a later section of the application.
Responsible for providing administrative support, program and operational assistance to API’s Market Development group and Group Director and relevant committees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain committee website pages, public website pages, committee rosters, and records to ensure sufficient communications with committee members.
- Work with Market Development and/or other API staff, to develop or edit presentations, position papers, talking points and other written correspondence.
- Responsible for gathering all information necessary to process contracts and invoices in market development, as well as preparation of proposals and monitoring the contracts progress within API and the contractor. In addition, supply management with information in preparation for the annual budget process. Monitor monthly FOD budget statements; identify potential concerns; and help prepare appropriate responses.
- Develop and compile agendas for internal and external meetings.
- Prepare Group Director expense reports for travel and entertainment accurately and in a timely manner in accordance with department.
- Process committee mailings and assist with coordination of committee meetings and conference calls. Gather, prepare and combine materials, such as, PowerPoint presentations, briefing binders/folders for internal and external meetings.
- Coordinate schedules with member company CEO assistants as well as other members of the Market Development Committee, and Natural Gas Markets Subcommittee
- Assist with subcommittee, work group, and task force meeting coordination and material dissemination.
- Keep files up-to-date and organize filing system for easy retrieval.
- Proofread bi-weekly mailing sent to member companies.
- Organize consultant deliverables.
- Route incoming mail to the appropriate staff person; answer and direct incoming calls promptly and courteously; maintain calendar so that scheduled appointments are met. Answer multiple phone lines.
- Pay and keep record of market development subscriptions, membership dues, donations, contributions, and supplies.
- Coordinate Market Development event sponsorships.
- Manage logistics for internal and external events.
- Assist with lobbying and compliance reports.
- Assist with budget tracking and development .
- Make arrangements for numerous committee meetings. Make travel accommodations for the directors and associates. Reserve and coordinate internal meeting planning, i.e., conference room reservations, catering, and A/V. Assist the events and tradeshow team with the on-site office and handle on-site registration at meetings.
- Keep abreast of new administrative support initiatives, business improvement opportunities, and opportunities for professional development.
- Communicate routinely with department staff regarding deadlines, updates to policies and practices and changes to administrative processes.
- Prepare agendas, take notes and disseminate follow up action items during Market Development team and campaign meetings.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY AND RELATIONSHIPS
- Work collaboratively with other department staff to ensure adequate departmental support.
SKILL, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree.
- Seven years administrative or office management experience, or demonstrated experience for accomplishing demands of the position.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Should be able to type 60 WPM accurately in MS Word, a working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint, and ability to work with membership database.
- Experience with fax machines, scanners and copiers.
- Capable of working multiple assignments.
- Familiarity with the oil and natural gas sector professional but not required.