Financial Services Manager I
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Assistant Director Student Fiscal Services
The George Mason University Student Accounts Office invites applicants for the Assistant Director Student Fiscal Services. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: Reporting to the Director Student Fiscal Services, this individual will provide managerial, new initiative, special project, and functional efficiency support. Additional responsibilities include:
- Assist the Director of Student Fiscal Services in running the day-to-day operations of the department, to include the complete management of the department in his/her absence;
- Support multiple software tools, data integrity, reporting, and data sharing between university offices and external constituents;
- Perform managerial work involving the analysis and interpretation of financial and/or operational issues related to complex financial issues, processes, and systems;
- Evaluate and ensure compliance with applicable state and federal laws and regulations;
- Coordinate and collaborate on projects and upgrades, and ensure exemplary student services are maintained;
- Represent Student Fiscal Services in meetings with the campus community;
- Serve as the primary functional and technical liaison for the Student Accounts and Cashierâ€™s Offices;
- Oversee the training operation, including supervising staff who are responsible for developing and maintaining training materials, written policies, procedures, reconciliations, and quality assurance, and assisting as necessary; and
- Coordinate and implement cross functional solutions with other university offices.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in accounting or business, or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Strong analytical skills with proven, effective application of those ideas into procedure;
- Ability to analyze and interpret fiscal data and apply accounting principles to the accounts receivable and revenue functions, and oversee accounting and fiscal functions;
- Advanced abilities with Ellucian Banner Accounts Receivable set up and processes, or an equivalent student system;
- Experience with TouchNet payment system, Evisions FormFusion, or equivalent software;
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office;
- Ability to make decisive, informed decisions in fast-paced, high-volume office;
- Self-starter and able to work independently;
- Outstanding communication skills;
- Highly organized with great attention to detail; and
- Ability to work in team environment to develop plans and manage projects by consensus.
- Masterâ€™s degree;
- Supervisory experience is strongly preferred;
- Experience in higher education; and
- CPA license is preferred.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 02755z at http://jobs.gmu.edu by October 20, 2017; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :