Academic Appointments Coordinator, Faculty & Academic Affairs - Georgetown University Medical Cente
Academic Appointments Coordinator, Faculty & Academic Affairs - Georgetown University Medical Center
Georgetown University Medical Center (GUMC) is an internationally recognized academic medical center whose missions of research, teaching and patient care are carried out with a strong emphasis on community outreach and the Jesuit principle of cura personalis — care of the whole person.
The Academic Appointments Coordinator for Faculty and Academic Affairs provides management of faculty affairs operations and administration and works collaboratively as needed to implement assignments on behalf of the Senior Associate Dean in response to the needs of the EVP or the Office of the University President. S/he handles faculty academic appointments, online faculty application management, and the training and development of faculty, HR Officers, and departmental administrators on the faculty appointment and promotion process. Reporting to the Senior Associate Dean of Faculty and Academic Affairs for the Medical Center, the Academic Appointments Coordinator has duties that include but are not limited to:
Faculty Affairs Administration
- Manages the Committee on Faculty Appointments and Promotions (CAP), which encompasses committee review for senior level academic faculty appointments, reappointments and promotions for GUMC.
- Advises faculty, HR Contacts, and administrators on the policy and procedures for all faculty affair operations..
- In concert with the Senior Associate Dean and the Academic HR Partners, reviews all faculty affairs policies and procedures, recommends and determines changes; and develops and publishes informational guides in various media.
- Manages the communication with faculty, academic chairs, staff, and other offices such as the Provost's Office, Law Center, and University Information Services.
- Under the oversight of the Sr. Associate Dean, reviews initial appointment offer letters for clinical appointments and approves as appropriate for dissemination.
- Oversees the successful coordination and execution of the rank and tenure process for GUMC.
- Serves as the primary liaison between the President's Office, the Chair of the Committee on Appointments and Promotions, and the School of Nursing and Health Studies.
- Manages all routine and annual academic meetings on behalf of the Sr. Associate Dean and in collaboration with the Academic HRPs and Faculty Development and Project Coordinators.
- Processes the EVP formal appointment letters for medical center tenures and ordinary faculty, including SNHS faculty, research track faculty, adjuncts, and clinical faculty.
Online Faculty Application Management / Training and Development
- Manages the online database for faculty applications via Interfolio, the on-line repository for faculty dossiers regarding career related activities.
- Participates in bi-weekly operational and strategic planning sessions on Interfolio
- Reviews electronic portfolios for completion and accuracy.
- Provides demonstration, orientation and training sessions to appropriate stakeholders and system users for Interfolio.
- Works collaboratively with UIS account managers to develop specific training courses for departments and individual faculty and staff on electronic application submission and review process.
- Provides routine training and workshops to faculty and staff on faculty application processes and Interfolio and ongoing support to all cohorts on system updates and changes.
- Facilitates the Annual Faculty Review Process and manages the collection data on academic appointments, promotions, and tenure.
- Prepares reports for various external and internal audiences in preparation for review by the committee on Academic Appointments and Promotions (CAP).
- Processes sponsored university affiliate requests.
- Hires, trains, and supervises undergraduate and/or graduate students, monitoring their performance.
- Bachelor's degree - Master's degree preferred
- 5 years' experience - preferably in an academic administration (consideration will be given to a combination of skills and education)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Familiarity with higher education faculty support services with the ability to automate and streamline processes
- Excellent administration and communication skills with strong customer service orientation
- Ability to work collaboratively and professionally with faculty and senior academic administrators, staff, and external academic partners/clients
- Ability to multitask with a strong sense of organization and set priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with and/or strong aptitude for and willingness to learn new technologies
- Ability to maintain a high sense of confidentiality in handling sensitive materials and access to personal and professional information
- Understanding of HRMS Systems (Workday) and Management of Faculty Data
- 1 - 3 years of work experience with technology training and administering training programs, preferably in an academic setting
- Experience with supervision of student workers
- Familiarity with Georgetown academic processes
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.