Sr. Computer Systems Administrator
7 days left
- Full Time
The Enterprise IT Operations team at the Institute for Defense Analyses is seeking a knowledgeable, skilled and experienced Sr. Computer Systems Analyst to assist in the design, technical support, administration and maintenance for IDA’s endpoint systems and client based services. The Sr. Computer Systems Analyst will be responsible for engineering multiple Windows 10 desktop builds, automating using scripting language, patches and other updates to network and non-network connected systems.
- Plan out and implement major updates in line with Microsoft’s Semi Annual Channel across multiple networks and standalone systems.
- Work closely with network, application, and server teams to support product installations, customizations, and deployments.
- Work with the imaging team to support development of new Windows images for Windows 10.
- Gather requirements and help architect, plan and implement system solutions and documents work performed into Remedy.
- Assists in the design but also assembles, configures and delivers endpoint systems in accordance with corporate IT policy. and client software and hardware requests; Ensures that each system is properly configured to gain access to authorized network resources.
- Maintains a variety of multiplatform hardware and software environments to include emerging technologies.
- Takes a lead role researching and advising on new hardware and software technologies to ensure component compatibility with existing baseline and network architectures.
- Maintains and keeps all written technical documentation (SOPs) for systems and processes under their control up to date.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Candidate selected will be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline and four years minimum experience supporting software, hardware, associated peripherals, networks, and computer user support; OR, six years minimum experience supporting software, hardware, associated peripherals, networks, and computer user support without a degree.
- Knowledge of Windows 7/10 OS is required.
- Position requires experience with the following:
- Proficiency utilizing PowerShell and CLI Shell (batch scripts) to automate common functions
- Experience building Windows desktop images
- Candidate should be familiar with:
- Experience troubleshooting laptop/desktop failures.
- SCCM 2012 – Experience with Application deployments, Collections and queries.
- Experience with Imaging process and software (WDS, MDT, SCCM, PXE)
- Experience with Windows patch management using WSUS and/or SCCM
- Troubleshooting knowledge about GPO and related technologies
- Active Directory knowledge and experience creating and modifying objects.
- Enterprise environment knowledge supporting medium to large environment.