5 days left
- Full Time
Virginia Tax is seeking to fill a Tax Auditor position to conduct audits on businesses and individuals to determine their compliance with Virginia state tax laws. Most of the audits will verify compliance with Virginia Sales and Use Tax Laws. This position is home-based within the Northern Virginia Region. Travel is required to the taxpayer’s business location and may include occasional overnight stays. Interested applicants should reside in Northern VA/Washington DC/Suburban Maryland area. No relocation costs are provided.
• Progressive auditing experience in a professional work environment.
• Ability to research, interpret and apply VA and Federal tax laws.
• Knowledge of federal and state tax laws to include sales and use tax laws and the ability to apply these laws to auditing of diverse types of businesses.
• Ability to proficiently use a windows-based PC to communicate electronic data and utilize spreadsheets, databases and word processing.
• Ability to communicate with diverse groups of people (taxpayers, attorneys, accountants, corporate officers).
• Must have a valid driver’s license, satisfactory driving record and provide your own transportation.
• Hard wired high speed internet connection required for work location (cannot be wireless).
• A safe and secure home-based work area.
The Virginia Tax is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity in the workforce. A background investigation including criminal history and tax records check will be conducted.
To apply for this position, you must complete the state’s on-line application associated with this link: http://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/88764