This position will provide clerical, technical and administrative work to the department and will serve as the support lead to all Administrative Services (AS) managers. The Administrative Assistant will be the primary point of contact for and the “face” of the AS Help Desk.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Business Management or similar field, or 3-5 years of equivalent experience in customer service/combined education and technical support services.
- Experience working under strict time constraints in a time-sensitive environment.
- Must have a professional and mature personality with a positive attitude, and be willing to learn and grow.
- Must be flexible to a changing work environment, and able to manage multiple priorities at any given time.
- Effective communicator, oral and written.
- Good work ethic and interpersonal skills.
AS Help Desk/Clerical Services
- Provide clerical and administrative work in accordance with office needs and program requirements.
- Must provide excellent customer service levels at all times.
- Manage daily service tickets
- Manage badge distribution
- Answer and receive telephone calls and provide accurate, timely messages to staff.
- Prepare correspondence and communicates via e-mail, fax, phone, etc.
- Maintain files on shared drive
- Responsible for maintaining the organization of AS Supply Room/pantry
- Assist with Conference Room Management via Condeco
- Manage Kastle for onboarding/offboarding
- Manage Office Space (move management)
- Maintain Visual Directory
- Assist with managing Data Watch
- Assist with managing Building Engines
- Provide content creation, manage and update 7fifty corporate calendar as well as AS’ 7fifty Intranet pages
- Assist with office supply orders and inventory/records management.
- Assist with processing and consolidating invoicing.
- Assists with other budget tasks, as assigned.
Other Duties as Assigned:
- Other assignments as required could include but not limited to working weekends or overtime to support the Association’s needs, or coming in early or staying late because of a building emergency
The American Psychological Association, located at 750 First St NE, Washington D.C., was named a 2014 recipient of the Washington Post Top Workplace. It is metro accessible from the Red Line.
Qualified candidates must apply online through APA’s applicant system[bit.ly] and attach a cover letter and resume specifying your salary requirements. Applications that are submitted without both documents are considered incomplete and will not be reviewed for consideration. Once your application is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email. Please make sure to check your Spam folder if you do not receive an email from us.
The American Psychological Association is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected categories covered under local law.