Regional Education Coordinator
7 days left
- Full Time
General Dynamics IT is currently looking for an experienced Regional Education Coordinator to join our team to support the Defense Veterans Brain Injury Center contract. This position is based Ft Belvoir, Virginia.
In coordination with designated government leads (normally the government site director and the government lead at DVBIC Headquarters), the individual will be responsible for a variety of duties to provide education for Service Members, veterans and their families on the prevention, treatment and rehabilitation of traumatic brain injury. You will coordinate/facilitate and/or provide TBI education for providers, clinicians and all members of the healthcare team who are involved in the care of Service Members and veterans with traumatic brain injury. Will deliver education programs directly to families, spouses, ancillary staff, and the military and civilian community on traumatic brain injury. Will coordinate projects for patient/family and community awareness initiatives. Because this role provides both local site services and provides service on a regional basis the individual must coordinate issues that affect network regional support (which is support that is outside the authority of the local government site director) with the DVBIC HQ government lead.
- Assist in the development of Traumatic Brain Injury educational initiatives aimed at teaching the healthcare team.
- Assures that providers are aware of and understand new clinical care standards of practice for traumatic brain injury.
- Works collaboratively with the clinical staff in providing educational opportunities for the multi-disciplinary team involved in the care of military and veterans with TBI.
- Delivers education programs and/or provides information on TBI to Service Members, veterans, families and civilians.
- Assists in the development of education programs tailored to target audiences.
- Provides consultation to military and veterans sites related to TBI educational issues.
- Conducts outreach activities within region to expand opportunities to provide TBI education and information about DVBIC programs/services.
- Serves as a resource for information and education on TBI at the site and for the region.
Non Primary Responsibilities:
- Other duties consistent with the above responsibilities.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Knowledge of health care and care for the traumatic brain injured patient required. Experience with developing and teaching on healthcare topics required. Excellent communications skills to include: public speaking, facilitation, interpersonal, networking and building collaborations required. Must be able to work independently; as well as function as part of a team. Computer proficiency - software and hardware as related to educational program development for both presentations and database management required. Excellent time management and organizational skills, creativity and must be flexible a must. Adheres to legal, professional and ethical codes with respect to confidentiality and privacy.
- Bachelors Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work/military experience.
- 2-5 years of directly related experience in the development and delivery of technical training programs.
- Experience teaching on healthcare or related topics. Experience in the care of patients with TBI - in-patient, out-patient, or rehabilitation settings. Prior experience within the DoD/VA systems of care strongly preferred. Experience with the development of curriculum development for the healthcare field; specifically for curriculum used to educate patients, providers, leaders, and the general public on health related issues.
- The contractor will normally work up to 40 hours a week, 0800 to 1630, Monday through Friday (hours may vary). Overtime is not authorized. Must be a U.S. citizen.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.