Information Technology Project Manager (NETWORK)
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This vacancy is for a full-time Information Technology Project Manager (NETWORK) GS-2210-13. TERM position with the National Guard Bureau in Arlington, VA. This position is TERM not to exceed 13 months, with provisions to extend up to six (6) years. You will be required to sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for the conditions of the TERM appointment. It is time limited and may be extended in any increment of time to reach a maximum of 6 years total service.
About the Surrounding Area:
Situated in Northern Virginia on the south bank of the Potomac River directly across from Washington D. C., Arlington is headquarters to many departments and agencies of the federal government, including the Department of Defense and is the location of many national memorials and museums.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 34 position.
- This position requires a Top Secret security clearance
- This position is covered by the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Program. The incumbent is required to sign a DA Form 5019 (Condition of Employment for certain positions identified as critical under the Drug Abuse Testing Program) and must pass urinalysis testing, as required prior to appointment and periodically thereafter.
- This a term position and may be extended up tp 6 Years.
- Desirable Completed Training - Completion of the Army Civilian Education System (CES) Advanced Course, the DoD Executive Leadership Development
- Program, or a similar mid-level leadership development course.
Basic Requirement: Must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below.
- Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: evaluating methods and techniques required for operation of information network systems at the local and wide area network (LAN and WAN) level; providing technical guidance on the management and operation of information networks; analyzing information systems requirements or environment; and developing policy recommendations to leadership and staff. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade level in the federal service (GS-12 or equivalent).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Information Technology Customer Support
- Network Operation
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- You may claim military spouse preference, see the information in the Military Spouse Preference Under Delegated Examining Procedures information sheet.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Defense National Relocation Program will not be authorized. Participation in this program is not authorized. No relocation expenses will be paid by the Government.
- Relocation incentive is not authorized.
- Salary includes Locality Pay.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
- Best Qualified. Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Highly Qualified. Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Qualified. Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for the announced position.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. See Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) for more information. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website. Read more Security clearance Top Secret