Senior System Engineer
- Title: Senior System Engineer
- Rosslyn, VA
- Secret Required to Start (TS Preferred)
- 5+ in the information security field
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- CompTIA Security+
- ISC2 CISSP
- Cisco CCNA
The Team performs threat auditing of a major federal customer's networks and provides investigative support to counterintelligence and law enforcement elements within the agency.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
Performs and may lead the design and test of complex security related systems to support ongoing deployment on classified and sensitive but unclassified (SBU) networks.
Perform testing of infrastructure changes in lab environment to simulate effects on production systems, prepare test plans, and properly document test results. Proactively monitor system performance and improve system architecture to maximize performance and eliminate potential problems. Query Oracle databases using SQL to review performance data in support of performance tuning activities. Plan, monitor, and implement backup and recovery of Windows and UNIX/Linux OS's. Troubleshoot and/or provide technical support in the event of an issue. Work closely with vendors, database architects/administrators, other systems engineers, project/program managers, and government customers to develop, implement, maintain and upgrade IT infrastructure. Publish standards, policies, and procedures, and work with development staff to standardize environment and improve efficiency.
Other support includes licensing administration, troubleshooting system issues and errors, reviewing vendor provided support materials and monitoring system performance and data recoverability in accordance with customer Information Technology policies and procedures.
Has a working knowledge of MS Office Suite and can provide deliverables to support project deployment on an as-needed basis. Responsible for leading a test team or supporting a test team lead. Provide briefs to government staff on ongoing activities.
- Support industry-specific security application, lead deployments and installations, configuration management and troubleshooting.
- Support mission-focused infrastructure to ensure performance and availability of system and environment
- Schedule and coordinate system maintenance activities to reduce impact to production environment
- Test changes in development environment before application in production environment.
- Core work hours are 9:00am - 3:00pm (8.5 work day), Rosslyn, VA
- Applied systems engineering experience
- Enterprise support and deployment of multiple operating systems (e.g. Windows 2008, 2012, Linux)
- Experience in configuring and troubleshooting Windows servers
Desired: Skills: Preferred but not required
- Familiarity with Dell servers, Direct Attached Storage and RAID
- Experience with integration of multiple types of data sources. Experience with hardware and input/output evaluation and optimization.
- Experience with Dell hardware, RAID configuration, Oracle, and SQL Server
- Working knowledge of information security and IT standards like ISO27002, NIST, ITIL, etc.
- Understanding of data privacy principles and regulations (breach notification, etc.)
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent leadership and teaming skills
- Demonstrated integrity within a professional environment
- Be able to assess complex IT environments and map the data flow of the through systems/applications and organizational functions
- Develop data protection program and help architect technology solutions to fit client's IT environment and the culture of the organization
- Support data loss prevention and data storage security technology solutions, including the design of the solution, configuration of agents or network appliances and data policies/rules.
- Experience with storage area networks (SANs)
- Experience with Virtualization (e.g. VMWare)
- Analyze data usage patterns, detect usage anomalies, and tune policies, procedures, or product configurations for improve performance and efficacy
Travel: 0% - 10%