Senior Engineer, Asset Management
An Equal Opportunity Employer
No. Vacancies: 1.00
Department: 17141.Solutions Development
Location: McLean, VA
Travel %: Less than 10%
Education: Four-year college degree
Experience: At least 3 years of experience required
Equivalency: Equivalent combination of education & experience not considered
Does this position have direct reports: No
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
As a Senior Asset Management Engineer you will develop, communicate, support and implement role strategies to maximize the yield on the Intelsat fleet. This position will require autonomous work, coordination of cross-functional projects and accountability for communicating decisions and analyses to various stakeholders within the Company.
You must have the following to be considered for the role:
- US Citizenship or Permanent Residence as this position requires ITAR access.
- Bachelor's Degree (Telecommunications or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or equivalent).
- At least three years of relevant professional experience.
- Extensixe experience working iwht telecommunications platforms such as: iDirect, Newtech, etc., to inlcude network managmeent system administration.
- A high level of expertise with link budget analytical tools.
- Knowledge in satellite transmission engineering, regulatory contrains for FSS industry, satellite payload performance, and earth station performance.
- Understanding of the baisic concepts of teleommunications terrestial infrastructure.
- Knowldge of strategies for the oversight and optimization of satellite fleets, with a strong knowledge of FSS industry and trends in the satellite services marketplace.
- Ability to synthesize high level strategic recommendations required.
- Strong analytical, negotiation and problem-solving skills required, including close attention to detail and the ability to effectively manage competing priorities and handle multiple projects independently.
- Effective interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, including the ability to present technical information to individuals without a technical / engineering background.
- Proficiency with MS Office Word, Outlook, and advanced proficiency with MS Excel.
- Working knowledge of financial and accounting principles required.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, meet deadlines, and submit accurate work products to management.
- Ability and desire to work in a collaborative, solutions-oriented environment, liaising with other areas of the business as necessary to accomplish objectives.
The following knowledge, skills & abilities are considered preferable:
- Strong knowledge in satellite transmission engineering, regulatory constraints for the FSS industry, satellite payload performance, and earth station performance.
- Strong knowledge of strategies for the oversight and optimization of satellite fleets, with a strong knowledge of the FSS industry and trends in the satellite services marketplace.
- Define best practices to communicate inventory usage and availability.
- Coordinate and prepare fleet utilization documents that address Senior Management requirements as well as other layers of the organization.
- Work with Product Managers to define and support the company's strategy by asset and beam and communicate it to key stakeholders including Sales and Customer & Capacity Engineering.
- Identify and recommend solutions and/or develop business cases to support capacity allocation decisions.
- Support Corporate Strategy in the development of new satellite concepts and design recommendations.
- Manage trend reporting on inventory availability for existing and new assets (pre-commitments).
- Assist in preparing solutions for discussion with Business Management when contention for inventory arises.
- This position requires ITAR access; all candidates must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.