Accounts Receivable Administrator
Williams & Connolly LLP is seeking an Accounts Receivable Administrator. Under the direction of the Assistant Director of Finance, responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Processing and documenting daily cash receipts and incoming wires;
- Allocating and posting payments to client invoices or firm accounts;
- Researching and reporting any over or underpayments;
- Analyzing daily bank statements to identify and report all transactions for the firm’s bank accounts;
- Clearing and reconciling checks, ACH debits, and outgoing wires daily from the firm’s controlled disbursement account and operating account;
- Calculating the firm's daily cash position and transferring excess funds to and from the firm’s portfolio of cash investments;
- Processing refunds of overpayments to clients;
- Responding to requests for client’s audit letters and aged accounts receivable reports;
- Reconciling the firm’s District of Columbia Interest on Lawyers’ Trust Account (IOLTA) monthly;
- Reconciling the clients' interest bearing escrow accounts monthly;
- Ensuring administrative and regulatory compliance with the firm's financial institution;
- Engaging in ad hoc analysis, research, and reporting.
The ideal candidate will have 3 - 5 years of accounting experience, be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word, possess knowledge of Elite Enterprise or Aderant Expert financial management system, and demonstrate the following attributes:
• strong verbal, written, and presentation skills;
• excellent analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills;
• a high level of attention to detail and accuracy;
• the ability to work independently or cohesively as a member of a team;
• the ability to manage and prioritize responsibilities to meet goals and deadlines.
This is a full-time position. Periodic deadlines may require extended work hours.
A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration required.
Williams & Connolly LLP offers a competitive salary and superb benefits package, including on-site fitness facility. Apply on-line at www.wc.com, or send resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources Manager
Williams & Connolly LLP
725 12th Street, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20005
Fax (202) 824-4218
Williams & Connolly LLP is an equal opportunity employer