Fundraising Campaign (Walk) Manager - DC/Maryland
About us: The Crohn's & Colitis Foundation is a dynamic organization serving 1.6 million IBD patients in the United States through its research programs and a wide array of patient services. The Foundation has seen 50% revenue growth in the last 5 years and allocates more than 80 cents of every dollar raised to its mission activities. Our core values of accountability, communication, compassion, integrity, leadership and partnership inspire and drive every member of our highly performing team.
Position Summary: Advance your career in nonprofit fundraising with one of the country's most dynamic, progressive voluntary health organizations working on the signature national campaign in the greater Washington DC market. As a Walk Manager for Take Steps for Crohn’s & Colitis, you will be vital to building the community of patients, families, and business partners at a time when Take Steps is becoming one of the nonprofit sector's fastest growing walk campaigns. You'll accomplish this, guided by senior development professionals, through relationships with volunteer leaders and fundraisers, nurturing of corporate partnerships and creative thinking to reach the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation's goals for funding our critical mission agenda.
You will be directly responsible for two campaigns, Take Steps Washington DC and Take Steps Northern Virginia, with a combined goal of raising $350,000.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Create annual operational plan including marketing, budgeting and project management
- Devise and implement an annual engagement plan that includes team, corporate, and volunteer development
- Recruit and support relationships with volunteers, participants and committees needed for the success of Take Steps
- Manage logistics to provide an inspirational day-of event experience for corporate partners and participants
- Utilize existing national materials to develop a marketing and recruitment plan to increase community participation in Take Steps for Crohn’s & Colitis
- BA or BS degree required with minimum two years of relevant experience a plus
- Skilled in building and sustaining meaningful relationships
- Aptitude for planning, budgeting, and time management
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Computer skills including basic data management
- Creative thinker/problem solver
- Independent, self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Flexible to work evenings and weekends as needed
Note: CROHN’S & COLITIS FOUNDATION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ADD, DELETE, CHANGE OR MODIFY THE JOB DUTIES.