Systems Engineer III
The National Radio Astronomy Observatory has an exciting opportunity for a Systems Engineer III (SE) with our Central Development Laboratory (CDL) in Charlottesville, VA.
The CDL develops innovative instrumental options for projects like the next-generation Very Large Array, an upgraded Atacama Large Millimeter/sub-millimeter Array (ALMA), and other domestic/international instruments and opportunities. The Systems Engineer III will take a leadership role and serve as a change agent to implement Project Management (PM) standards, processes, tools, techniques and support the services at the CDL.May also assist in other PMD projects as deemed necessary and appropriate.
The position will be located in Charlottesville, VA.
Job Description Summary:
The Systems Engineer III will report directly to the Deputy Director of the Project Management Division (PMD) and will matrix to the CDL Director and the North American Director for ALMA Development. The successful candidate will implement appropriately tailored systems engineering and project management for the CDL and all associated work for others at the CDL. The incumbent, in collaboration with the PMD and CDL Director, will strategically tailor project management processes for CDL.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Systems Engineering and project management of all projects and studies as assigned. Strong SE and PM experience is required to oversee all phases of projects from inception (studies) through development and design to implementation with a view towards whole life cycle management. Liaison with research engineers and science staff.
- Monthly, Quarterly and Annual reporting on all in-progress projects and studies including liaison with all PIs internal and external.
- Contract management for all awarded projects and studies.
- Close out and manage final reporting for all projects and studies.
- Change management and issue resolution within each ongoing project and study.
Work is typically conducted in an office environment.
Minimum Education Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in engineering, physical science, management of related field Preferred.
Minimum Experience Requirements:
Minimum of ten (10) years direct experience in systems engineering.
Five (5) years' experience project management preferred but not required
Licensure/ Certification and Technical Job Requirements:
PMI CAPM (or higher) certification and INCOSE ASEP (or higher) certification preferred. Both may be obtained within the first 1 year of employment upon PMD Director Approval.
Critical Skills and Abilities:
High level of competency in Microsoft software products and web-based systems, Visio and SharePoint. Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
Please submit your cover letter expressing your interest and Resume/CV. Please apply by visiting our career website at: http://jobs.jobvite.com/nrao/jobs
The position will be opened until filled.
The NRAO, GBO and LBO is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V)
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/rq2784xr64yzd29p