Social Media Strategist
PenFed is looking for a Social Media Strategist in Mclean, Va.The primary purpose of this job is to grow, engage and retain PenFed’s audiences through a variety of social channels and positioning PenFed as a thought leader in the financial space.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Build and manage the PenFed’s social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, Snapchat, Periscope and additional channels as deemed appropriate.
- Work with design and content teams to create shareable content appropriate for specific networks to elevate the PenFed brand.
- Listen and engage in relevant social discussion about our company, competitors, and/or industry, both from existing customers and leads and from brand new audiences that don’t yet know us.
- Run regular social promotions and campaigns and track their success, ranging from Twitter chats, to Facebook contests to LinkedIn conversations, as well as the content and links posted through these and other channels.
- Work alongside other marketers and content producers to help distribute content that educates and entertains our audience.
- Develop social media content strategies and editorial calendars.
- Drive consistent, relevant traffic and leads from our social network presence.
- Explore new ways to engage and new social networks to reach our target audiences.
- Manage and report on social media insights and analytics through Spredfast.
- Represent PenFed at various community and outreach events.
- After normal business hour coverage on social media monitoring and member experience via social: evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Comfortable working in a fast past environment as well as managing multiple campaigns and meeting deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail in order to produce error free work.
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or related a field is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in managing social media channels and developing content is required.
- Experience building audiences online or offline is required.
- Experience with social media publishing and listening tools is required (i.e. Spredfast, HootSuite, Sprinklr, Sprout Social).
- Must be an active user (or willing to be) of all social channels PenFed is utilizing.
- Ability to write content for social media is required.
- Ability to create PowerPoint presentations and work with Excel spreadsheets is required.
- Ability to analyze, understand and present social media data and trends in a digestible format is required.
- Experienced at running paid social media campaigns on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Experience with managing paid Snapchat filters preferred.
- Experience with productivity tools (i.e. Basecamp, WorkFront,) is preferred.
- Experience with blogging platforms (i.e. WordPress) is preferred.
- Experience with brand ambassador programs is preferred.
- Social Media management experience in the financial space is preferred.
- This position will not supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
- Candidate will be required to complete training on software currently being used by PenFed.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
Local travel to various worksites is required. Travel for non-local event sites is required – frequency is approximately 2x per year and advance notice is given.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.6 million members and over $23 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.