Regional Sales Manager - International
The success of The Washington Post demands success in the digital arena. That's why we're looking for a dynamic sales professional with digital experience and superior strategic selling skills to join our International Sales Team. What the successful Sales Representative will bring to the table: a disciplined approach to maintaining daily sales activity levels; ability to sell ideas; the ability to prospect and acquire new businesses; masterful presentation skills; and a proven track record in building and sustaining client-based relationships across multiple cultures and countries. We'll also need you to be on the lookout for emerging trends within the digital industry, to think beyond The Washington Post's current product lines for the next big thing, and to develop relationships outside the typical media buying chain—all to drive incremental sales that will meet and exceed our goals. Ability to speak French, German, Italian or Spanish a plus.
- Sell premium multi platform advertising products to a varied client base in the EMEA markets through direct client and agency engagement.
- Establish relationships with clients to understand their business needs and goals.
- Create customized solutions and close sales for retained/incremental revenue
- Uncover new opportunities while remaining steadfast with your current client list
- Communicate and report sales plans and actions taken
- Keep up-to-date with industry trends as they pertain to your clients
- Employ an entrepreneurial and creative approach to your business
- Collaborate with internal partners effectively
- Attend outside functions as needed
- 5-7+ years of experience in sales
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience in media sales (desired)
- Experience selling digital display advertising
- Ability to travel to client locations regulary
- Strong presentation and in-person sales skills and a proven record of accomplishment in building and sustaining client/agency relationships
- Knowledge of digital media market and the ability to respond effectively to market direction, client needs and competition
- Deep relationships with local advertising agencies/clients
- A strong business development focus, willing to self-start and prospect to uncover new business
- Ability to establish rapport, develop credibility and sell ideas to senior management
- A strong, professional, goal-oriented work ethic and a track record of meeting quarterly/annual goals
- A desire to manage the entire sales process (including prospecting, acquiring new business and maintaining relationships)