Project Manager - Health Communications Strategy
Palladian Partners, an Altarum company, is looking for a Project Manager to support a high profile federal client with strategic biomedical science and health communications planning and public health communication projects. Palladian Partners, Inc. is a dynamic science and health communications firm located in Silver Spring, Maryland. Our ongoing commitment to provide exceptional strategic communications, editorial support, distinctive design, and superior service to our clients is as unwavering as our desire to enrich people's lives with quality health information.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter with at least 3 years’ experience leading small project teams supporting health communications projects. This person will be responsible for working directly with clients, planning communications projects and initiatives and working as part of an integrated project team with federal and non-government partners. The candidate should have a solid understanding of strategic communications, including content development for public health and science-oriented communication campaigns. To be successful in the role, the candidate must have robust attention to detail and an ability to maintain a positive relationship with demanding clients.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
- Work with clients to define overall health communications strategy and project objectives
- Develop strategies for communicating with stakeholders and advocates through traditional and digital communications channels
- Develop innovative communications strategies that work across print, web and other media platforms
- Collaborate with team members to identify client needs and generate forward-thinking ideas to engage with targeted audiences to share information
- Coordinate content strategy, social media, graphic design, web development and editorial staff to establish workflows and timelines
- Lead the creation of content for infographics, print and digital communication materials, and video projects according to industry best practices
- Monitor and track project resources, deliverables and deadlines
- Review and evaluate the work of team members to ensure the highest standards of quality
- At least 3 years of project management and planning experience for federal clients, including experience managing content development, proposing and implementing strategy, and advising on federal guidelines and policies
- A minimum of 5-7 years work experience.
- Experience with health communications and partnerships with advocacy organizations is a plus
- Ability to solve problems quickly and creatively
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Collaborative team player who works well as a manager and member of a matrix environment
- Flexible—willing to do the nitty-gritty work required to make a project successful
- Positive—ability to collaborate with and promote a positive relationship between colleagues, partners, and clients
Palladian employees are highly talented and are encouraged to think and work creatively and strive for excellence. This is a full-time, staff position located at Palladian's corporate headquarters in Silver Spring, Maryland. Palladian offers competitive pay, excellent benefits, and the satisfaction that comes from working on interesting, meaningful projects every day. Palladian's dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status or status as an individual with disability.