Field Systems Engineer (TS/SCI/FSP)
2 days left
- Full Time
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients.
4. Plans and directs upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
5. Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
6. Develops and directs tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
7. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
8. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
9. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibilities.
11. Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
8-10 years of related systems engineering experience.
This position requires extensive OCONUS travel (up to 40%) to include conflict zones.
A background/experience in network engineering/network configuration is required for this position.
A customer weapons qualification or the ability to obtain a customer weapons qualification is required.
The incumbent will support the customer's system build, test, and installation requirements/activities that shall include, but not be limited to:
- Placing orders for required equipment or components to support build-out of communications packages under customer procurement efforts.
- Uncrating, set-up, and build-out of new equipment
- Hardware and software configuration and customization of communications packages
- System integration and testing of built packages
- Pack-out and shipment of the complete packages
- Removal and appropriate disposal of any old or excess communications and computer equipment, hard drives, memory, and video cards
- Preparation of customer system documentation
- Conducting site surveys as needed prior to installation
- Drawings of rack elevations, system component front and back views, wiring interconnect diagrams, wire lists, and networks
- Training of onsite customer personnel on developed and installed packages
- Test, inspection, verification of all customer tactical communications systems ensuring compliance with COMSEC policies and procedures and project management requirements.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.