Forum Program Coordinator
The American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics is seeking a Forum Program Coordinator who will be responsible for supporting and coordinating details for high-level programming and other activities at AIAA forums, as well as managing the technical program development process for AIAA-supported conferences (non-forum events).
- Support the Executive Steering Committee meetings in coordination with the Product Developer.
- Track topics and audience for high-level program at forums and include information in a topic database.
- Review post-event surveys for suggested topics and add suggestions into a topic database.
- Manage the invitation process for high-level speakers for event, with direction and in coordination with the Forum Project Manager and Product Developer. This includes coordinating payment of high-level speakers as identified by Product Developer.
- Maintain and update speaker database and distribute speaker collaterals such as bios and photos to other staff as needed.
- Enter or provide and review for accuracy high-level program on forum website, final program, ScholarOne, and promotional materials.
- Enter registrations for high-level speakers in NetFORUM.
- Track high-level speaker participation and onsite schedule and share with other staff as needed.
- Coordinate with Event Planner to secure and outfit the speaker green room and VIP room for forums.
- Share list of high-level speakers with Governance Secretary and Protocol Manager to leverage opportunities for AIAA leadership to engage with them.
- Support high-level speakers during event, which includes:
- Serving as onsite point of contact
- Preparing registration packet ahead of time
- Preparing welcome message for speaker to receive at hotel check-in
- Ensuring appropriate staff are familiar with high-level speaker list
- Ensuring speakers are greeted onsite by appropriate AIAA representative
- Providing access to a VIP Lounge for their use during event
- Provide support for Corporate, Sponsorship, and Exhibition programs, including Speaker Sponsor Thank You Reception, VIP Lunch, and VIP Tours of exposition in coordination with the Governance Secretary and Protocol Manager
- Coordinate the identification, planning, and scheduling programming and activities in the AIAA Hub presentation areas in exhibit hall, which includes:
- Coordinate meetings of staff to identify topics and develop the schedule.
- Work with Marketing to promote the programming to attendees.
- Coordinate the process to identify and invite members of the Executive Steering Committees (ESCs) for AIAA forums to include:
- Scheduling meetings with relevant staff to discuss potential members of ESCs and tracking actions
- Sending out appointment letters to ESC members
- Maintaining the roster of ESC members and maintain list of potential members.
- Updating member records in NetFORUM to reflect ESC participation
- Collecting photos of ESC member photos for program
- Manage the use of conference i/o social Q&A and polling tools for AIAA activities. Includes vendor management, budgeting, adding content, exporting and sharing data with appropriate staff.
- Manage tasks related to program development for AIAA-supported conferences (non-forum events), which includes:
- Respond and resolve inquiries related to papers and the abstract and manuscript management systems from volunteers and staff in a timely fashion.
- Assist authors in abstract and manuscript submission process—from initial submission to actual delivery of the manuscript (including revised manuscripts).
- Interface with the event program committee to build the event technical program in the abstract management system following established program development deadlines.
- Maintain the technical program and session information in abstract management system and supply content to appropriate staff for event call for papers, preliminary program, strip signs, and final program as appropriate.
- Distribute Session Chair letters with providing volunteers with job duties and information on accessing the system and assist Session Chairs and other organizers as necessary.
- Distribute author acceptance and rejection notifications for papered events.
- Proofread and prepare final files for printing onsite technical program by designated deadlines.
- Manage withdrawals and no shows and prepare technical papers statistics.
- Other duties as assigned by Events Team Lead.
- Reports to Events Team Lead.
- Heavy travel (4-6 one-week trips per year)
- Work with division staff, other staff, and volunteers as appropriate
- Communicate with Forum Organizing Committees
- Communicate with high-level speakers and their handlers
- Coordinate multiple facets of assigned projects and activities
- Three to five years of experience in project management or related experience
- College degree required
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to handle pressure and multiple tasks
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to interface effectively with internal staff and external parties such as members and other customers to produce successful activities that provide value to the Institute and other constituencies
- Ability to coordinate/integrate various facets of event development and implementation
- Ability to work in a team environment
To apply, email resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why Work at AIAA?
Make a real difference in the aerospace industry! Assist us in positioning aerospace for its exciting future while celebrating the industry’s pioneering accomplishments. As an AIAA employee, you will enjoy competitive compensation and benefits including:
- 37.5-hr work week
- 11 holidays + vacation and sick leave
- Great location off the Dulles Toll Road near the new Reston Silver Line Metro
- Awarded ‘Best Workplaces for Commuters’ by Fairfax County Transit Authority and the National Center for Transit Research
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance with low co-pays
- 403(b) retirement savings plan with generous match
- Group Term Life insurance
- Long-term and short-term disability
- Educational assistance
- Health club and Weight Watchers subsidy
AIAA is the largest aerospace professional society in the world, serving an innovative, high-value workforce that helps make the world safer, more connected, more accessible, and more prosperous. We represent a profession whose great work has produced everything from the brilliant innovations that affect daily living to the major missions that fuel our collective human drive to explore and to accomplish amazing things.
American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics
12700 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite 200
Reston, VA 20191