Computer Network Defense (CND) - Protect
Mission Statement: Conducts assessments of threats and vulnerabilities, determines deviations from acceptable configurations enterprise or local policy, assesses the level of risk, and develops and/or recommends appropriate mitigation countermeasures in operational and non-operational situations.
1) Provide Customer facing Website (Sharepoint..) for Vulnerability Management information.
2) Maintain an accessible STIG library on DOD network (Sharepoint…)
3) Review and monitor USCYBERCOM for TaskOrds, OPORDS and other taskings.
4) Update website with USCYBERCOM order requirements and DOD customers Status of Compliance.
5) Provide Task orders to appropriate offices for their action. Coordinate with IA/ISSM for deadline, and ensure responsible office has this information. Create a tacking method to ensure USBICES Compliance.
6) Review ACAS Scans, and ensure End office has information to ensure patch suspense are being met.
7) Monitor the patching progress through ACAS and identify to appropriate Tech OPs teams as new vulnerabilities are detected and old vulnerabilities that need remediated.
8) Run ACAS Scan and other Audit tools to ensure compliance with USCYBERCOM Orders are met.
9) Researches and stays on top of DoD, USCYBERCOM, and DISA publications, ensuring TASKORDs, FRAGOs and OPORDS are completed in a timely manner
Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
1. Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
2. Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
3. Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
4. Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
5. Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
6. Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
7. Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
8. Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
9. Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results. 10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
5-8 years of related experience in data security administration.
1. Comprehensive knowledge of data security administration principles, methods, and techniques.
2. Certification in one or more specific technologies may be required, depending on job assignment.
3. Requires familiarity with domain structures, user authentication, and digital signatures.
4. Requires understanding of firewall theory and configuration.
5. Requires understanding of DHS/DoD policies and procedures, including FIPS 199, FIPS 200, NIST 800-53, DHS 4300A SSH and other applicable policies.* Must be capable of obtaining and maintaining a Top Secret/SCI (or applicable clearance level) Security Clearance.
* Must be able to achieve Security+ CE Certification (or equivalent) within 90 days of hire for positions requiring elevated privileges and ITIL V3 Foundation within six months of hire.
* Additional specific certifications may be required, depending on job assignment.
* The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment.
* This position may be required to complete short-term deployments to worldwide locations (or specific AOR).
* The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
* Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.