Manager, Customer Solutions Engineering, Asia-Pac
An Equal Opportunity Employer
No. Vacancies: 1.00
Travel %: Less than 20%
Education: Four-year college degree
Experience: At least 7 years of experience required
Equivalency: Equivalent combination of education & experience not considered
Does this position have direct reports: Yes
At this transformative moment, as we work toward the launch of our next generation of satellites, we are looking to attract the next generation of bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
Manages a team of regional customer solution engineers (CSEs) that provide high level technical and/or strategic pre- and post-sales support to sales and operations groups by developing innovative, creative and strategic solutions focused on Intelsat's germane business drivers while delivering value to both Intelsat and the customer. As the leader of a group of technical experts that generate the highest possible value solution, keeps team up-to-date on cutting edge technology to allow the development of service product strategies and execution on these strategies. Leads the Europe & Middle East (EME) Solutions Engineering (CSE) team to drive the development and enhancement of service products, with a prime focus on revenue growth and profit margin while ensuring service offerings are aligned with the needs of our customers and owning/leading the most complex and strategic projects to close. Develops, maintains and enhances internal policies and standards, including those associated with the sales order handling process and establishes the proper metrics to measure and drive efficiencies, with the end goal of creating a customer-focused culture. Coordinates and manages customer communication associated to service related issues, including satellite anomalies and service outages/degradations, along with customer credit requests while embracing transparent and consistent communication to both internal and external customers.
You must have the following to be considered for the role:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering, Communications Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or another relevant field.
- At least seven years of relevant experience in a satellite related environment.
- Thorough understanding of satellite and terrestrial network operations, satellite and terrestrial communications operations, satellite design & manufacturing and the sales process.
- Effective communication skills in both oral and written English language, with the ability to express complex ideas, both verbally and in writing, to any audience.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Demonstrable negotiation skills focused on collaborative win-win solutions.
- Desire and ability to work in a solution based, cross-functional, collaborative, team environment.
- Cultural awareness and flexibility and the ability to work across cultural boundaries.
- Strong organization, communication, and interpersonal skills with ability to develop and maintain significant high-value customer executive relationships.
The following are considered preferable:
- Demonstrated program, project or people management experience.
- Fluency both oral and in writing in a languages other than English.
- Experience in Capacity Management, Customer Solutions Engineering or another Sales Engineering function.
- Provide high level systems engineering solution support to Regional Sales Team, serving as a liaison between Customer Solutions Engineering (CSE) and Product Management for standard and non-standard solutions for strategic customer accounts and new business opportunities
- Act as the technical solution liaison by coordinating activities across departments and demonstrating teamwork by full interaction and cooperation with all relevant stakeholders.
- Work closely with Product Management to drive innovation and technical development to enhance service products offered.
- Coordinate technical/product training plans for the regional CSE team
- Propose goals and objectives for the design and development and/or enhancements of product offerings where technology and technical solutions are driven by business opportunities.
- Develop, maintain and enhance internal policies and standards, including those associated with the sales order handling process. Establish appropriate metrics to measure and drive efficiencies while underscoring customer-focus.
- Coordinate and assist ROC1 and ROC2 in prioritization of service impacting events.
- Maintain CSE/CM/CAT/ concept of operations, core principles and processes ensuring alignment of messaging across CSE Regional teams.
- Provide Sr. Engineering expertise and support with the more complex and leading edge LBA and MDA analysis and integrated terrestrial solutions.
- Manage largest and/or most complex customer accounts as the life cycle technical contact.
- Prioritize interference conditions and direct a cross-functional team to ensure that customer impact is minimized and resolution is achieved in a timely manner.
- Manage department operational expenses and maintain costs within allocated budget.
- Support Product Management, Sales and Regional CSE teams during trade shows and customer events.
- Ensure Regional CSE team has the tools & resources needed to support both Sales and Customers.
- Maintain an extensive and in depth knowledge of Intelsat service offerings and capabilities.
- Support new satellite and IntelsatOne terrestrial network design and deployment planning including coordination with support groups and flow down of technical/operational constraints to Regional CSE team.
- Build relationships with the customer's senior management team, earning a reputation as one of the Customer's trusted technical advisors.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.