A/P Staff Accountant
7 days left
- Full Time
SUMMARY: Review, verify, and process invoices, check requests, expense reports, and travel advances. Verify such expenditures for 1099 compliance, multi-state sales and use tax compliance, proper approval, and coding
- Process invoices and check requests into A/P system.
- Review invoices and check requests for applicability of use tax to ensure proper assessment of multi-state sales and use tax regulations.
- Review invoices and check requests for verification of authorization and coding.
- Review invoices and check requests to ensure compliance with 1099 reporting requirements.
- Ensure invoices and check requests are not processed without a valid Form W9 – Request for Taxpayer Identification number on file, when applicable.
- Work with internal and external customers to obtain needed Form W9 – Request for Taxpayer Identification number.
- Provide back up of maintenance of vendor and other specific files.
- Provide back up of FSD mail distribution and the distribution of vendor invoices for approval.
- Retrieve documents for month-end reporting and for other purposes, as required, including copying source documents on a regular basis.
- Provide prompt response to all vendor, staff or department inquiries.
- Process and reconcile monthly American Express travel card activity.
SCOPE: Communications with Financial Services division and other NRA staff, management, and outside customers.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s degree at a minimum.
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in processing accounts payable or accounting degree, if no experience.
- Solid experience working within an automated accounting system, a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
Effectively accomplish tasks with minimal supervision. Solid PC skills and good oral and written communications are required. Interpersonal skills, as well as being a quick learner, are a plus. Ability to perform data entry and inquiry functions in a data processing environment. Strong self-review skills, focused on accuracy, effectiveness, efficiency and detail. Typing, filing, Word, Excel, a 10 Key Calculator, Microsoft Dynamics SL 8.1 or other financial package software experience preferred but not required.
This position is subject to pre-employment credit and background checks. To apply, send resume with cover letter stating salary expectations (REQUIRED) to email@example.com. The NRA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (minority/women/disabled) offering an extensive benefits package, 37.5 hour work-week, and onsite cafe. Please visit our website at nra.org to learn more about us.
Apply for A/P Staff Accountant
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly