IT - Network Administrator
The mission of The Foundation Schools is to provide a highly specialized educational and therapeutic program for children and adolescents in grades 1-12 with emotional disabilities, autism spectrum disorders and other learning challenges and prepare them to be productive and successful in their future academic and career paths. For over 40 years we have been providing innovative programs and support services that address the educational, social and mental health needs of children and adolescents with \ disabilities.
The Foundation Schools is searching for a Network Administrator for our IT Department. This position will serve our schools in Largo and Gaithersburg, Maryland as well as our Administrative Office in Rockville, Maryland. Ability to travel between 3 locations required.
Education and Experience Qualifications:
- Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or Business Administration; supplemented with one or more courses in current technology or demonstrated equivalent combination of work experience and technology certification or training.
- Minimum three (3) years and current experience as an Administrator on a small to medium sized network of servers, desktop systems and communication devices using current technologies
- Experience in configuring, implementing, administering and troubleshooting servers and workstations
- Experience with Dell Sonicwall and Google Apps/G Suite preferred
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to provide hands-on network administration support, network maintenance and operations support
- Working knowledge of Windows servers and desktop products
- Familiarity with current communications devices and protocols, server and desktop technologies.
- Strong diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent coordination and planning skills
- Communicate well with all levels of management and school personnel
- Possess sufficient mobility to install, repair or perform maintenance on all company technical hardware
Position Responsibilities/Duties Include:
- Network administration (including backup, security management, user account management, e-mail systems, internet access, office systems and applications support)
- Supports server, network and desktop hardware, software and applications
- Performs technology needs analysis
- Rolls out hardware and software to ensure optimal deployment of resources
- Plans, implements, and supports the network and computing infrastructure plan
- Manages projects according to agreed upon budgets and schedules
- Assists with technology planning through ongoing research
PLEASE INCLUDE SALARY REQUIREMENTS WITH YOUR SUBMISSION FOR THIS POSITION.