Are you passionate about the environment? Does the idea of building a network of like-minded organizations to promote ideas for improving our world sound like a challenge that puts your skills in strategic partner management to work? We have a great opportunity for an exceptional Partnership Manager to join Island Press, who will develop relationships that promote critical environmental knowledge and make it more meaningful and accessible for everyone. This position is a chance for an entrepreneurial marketer to grow and partner with a wide variety of organizations in building networks for change.
The Partnership Manager will recruit, develop, and manage organizational relationships that result in effective partnerships for promoting and marketing Island Press authors and their books, and other content. The Partnership Manager will ensure the overall success and growth of the program by deepening relationships with our existing partner organizations and through the development of new ones. To do so, you will need to fully understand their goals, strategies, and capabilities, and accurately assess their needs in order to formulate a plan and deliver the most effective Island Press “products and services” to help them succeed. Your work will support IP’s mission of disseminating information and making it accessible to the widest variety of consumers possible who will use it for improving environmental conditions and at the same time improve the financial position of the press. In addition, you will monitor, research, and track the results of partnership activities by measuring quantitatively and qualitatively their impact on key audiences, and applying the results to create more effective partnerships activities in the future.
The Partnership Manager is an extra-budgetary, grant funded position. At this time, resources are available to fund this position through August 31, 2020.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Manage the development of marketing and promotional relationships with associations and organizations that are compatible with the Island Press mission and that will increase the recognition of Island Press authors and content and increase the sales of our products.
- Develop a unique long term concept for mutually beneficial partnering; gather and format information; obtain approvals and support within both organizations.
- Implement programs, monitor and measure results, and apply results to fine tune long term strategies and goals, for example webinars, online courses, and podcasts.
- Act as the frontline contact for all partner organizations and associations.
- Assist in preparation and strategy discussions for overall business development planning and execution of the program. Work collaboratively with online marketing management to maximize and coordinate efforts.
- Work with the publicity and sales teams, providing feedback and ideas from partner input to focus campaigns and develop branding, messaging, and content delivery campaigns that are accessible and valuable to partners.
- Identify target new partner organizations by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements that, in accordance with set goals, increase the number of partners that represent or engage in issues reflecting the needs of disadvantaged communities; and track individual authors and contributors and their associations.
- Work closely with executive management team to ensure overall efforts are in support of long term strategic goals of Island Press.
- Monitor, research, and identify business opportunities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- 4-year college degree or equivalent work experience
- Prior work experience in a similar or subordinate role
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Have a confident and outgoing personality and enjoy building long-term partner relationships that are mutually beneficial.
- Obsess about data to identify impact and measure reach.
- Balance creativity, execution, and attention to detail with the ability to learn and respond quickly.
- Have the ability to manage various activities simultaneously while maintaining good communication and supervision of teammates and managers.
- Think clearly and focus on long range goals while creating smaller intermediary steps.
- Highly developed ability to listen, create, and negotiate custom solutions.
- Must be able to work independently and exercise good judgment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required, and ability to communicate with co-workers and outside partners effectively.
- Have an interest or experience in working with organizations that serve diverse and underserved communities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and presentation software and hardware.
- Familiarity with data management systems and ability to learn new systems.
Compensation & Benefit
Annual salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. Medical, vision, dental, disability, retirement, commuting, paid leave, fitness center.
Island Press is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to promoting a workplace as diverse as the environment it is committed to protecting. We encourage applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, political association, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
To apply, send cover letter and résumé and mention where you first learned of this position. No calls or recruiters please.