4 days left
- Full Time
Northern Virginia Family Service (NVFS) is the provider for the Bridging Affordability (BA) Program, an integral component of the Fairfax County’s Housing Blueprint and will provide long-term rental subsidies to homeless individuals and families and households on the county’s affordable housing waiting lists. The NVFS Collaborative includes nine nonprofit organizations: Northern Virginia Family Service, Alternative House, FACETS, Family Pass, Good Shepherd Housing and Family Services, Homestretch, New Hope Housing, Corner Stones Virginia, and Volunteers of America - Chesapeake. Services offered will focus on populations of greatest need in the county with an emphasis on those who are homeless and persons with disabilities. In addition to providing rental subsidies to eligible households, other components of the Program will include leveraging more than $6.6 million in non-county resources in the form of supportive services, volunteer contributions and fair market rent discounts in units owned by the Collaborative members.
The Program Specialist performs complex and confidential administrative related functions to ensure the program’s operations flow smoothly. The Specialist will provide essential coordination and oversight relating to the administrative requirements and provide quality customer service to BA landlords, partners and participants. The Specialist will assist in ensuring that the program is ready to respond to all requests for data and audits. If partner case assignment is delayed, the Specialist may also be asked to carry a small BA caseload (up to four households) until the case manager is assigned and notified.
Job duties include:
- Maintain responsibility for general administrative support functions to the department to ensure efficient program processes and procedures in support of the Bridging Affordability Program
- Answer phone calls and respond to requests from clients, landlords, non-profit partners and county staff
- Conduct comprehensive initial screening process to determine eligibility for program services and/or voucher eligibility
- Process intake and enrollment when appropriate
- Ensure that documentation sent by non-profit partners is accurate and demonstrate eligibility for the program guidelines
- Work with landlords to ensure that payments are accepted and timely
- Monitor, track and report on direct assistance and clients per each non-profit agency
- Track client information and ensure integrity of data collection
- Prepare monthly reports to county and other partners
- Provide support in events planning
- Prepare and assemble materials for various meetings
Education and experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree (may be substituted with two years of related work experience for every year of college)
- Two (2) years of related work experience in administrative support preferred
- Strong math, editing, document review, and communication skills
- Bilingual skills in Arabic, Spanish, ASL or other language a plus
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Successful completion of background checks required upon hire
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements of a person so classified.
Northern Virginia Family Service is a private, non-profit human service organization with a $37 million annual budget, 450+ employees, 4,500+ volunteers, and offices located throughout Northern Virginia. Serving nearly 35,000 children and families, our programs encompass core service areas that empower local families to improve their quality of life: housing and emergency services; health and mental health services; early childhood education and child placement services; intervention and prevention programs; job training; and legal services. Northern Virginia Family Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify participant.
This is a full-time, benefited position located in Oakton, VA.
Please send your letter of intent and updated resume.
Apply for Program Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly