Sr Principal Systems Engineer
3 days left
- Full Time
The System Center Engineer is responsible for the configuration and customization of the SCCM, SCSM, and SCOM platforms in support of the Census Questionaire Assistance (CQA) 2020 across three GDIT Cloud environments utilizing best practice processes to ensure maxization of automation, system uptime, and reporting capabilities. This individual will provide senior level engineering support to the Operations Team reporting to the Operations Manager. Operations is responsible for Windows 10 desktop image management, deployment, and maintenance utilizing Microsoft SCCM, business system dashboard monitoring utilizing Microsoft SCOM, and Service Desk Operations utilizing Microsoft SCSM. Operations is 7 days per week from 7AM EST to 9PM EST during the production test phase with hours of Operations expected to be 7 days per week from 7AM EST to 12AM EST during the full production phase.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline.
1. Minimum of 5-7 years IT experience managing deployment of technology components in a specific technical discipline: clients, servers, storage, web platforms, database platforms, security, networks, or communications ideally with a mix of skills that include technical architectures, engineering and operations experience.
2. A career track record of engineering, developing, deploying, and maintaining business critical systems in the area of technical expertise including hands on solution development and implementation experience.
3. Team Player with proven leadership, communication, organizational, and strong interpersonal skills.
4. Self-motivated, with keen attention to detail and excellent judgment skills.
5. Must have excellent writing and communication skills, strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, contractors, managers, 3rd parties, and customers as needed.
10-15 years of related systems engineering experience including:
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.