6 days left
- Full Time
If selected for the:
Resource & Rural Economics Division (RRED), you will improve data acquisition and processing for the farm business and farm household income forecast; or you will have responsibility for coordinating an annual field-level survey of farm production practices, input use, and costs. You will assist other economists with research studies and synthesize current data and research for a broad stakeholder audience.
Market & Trade Economics Division (MTED), you will serve as a situation and outlook analyst. You will assist in the creation and dissemination of Situation and Outlook newsletters and annual yearbooks; perform analytical assignments that maintain and support the ERS market outlook program while advancing an understanding of crop and livestock markets; and review economic and industry-related literature to support economic analysis of market issues.
Food Economics Division (FED), you will work with a senior economist on economic analyses of USDA food assistance programs that utilize large program administrative data files and national surveys. You will also assist in preparation of data visualizations, literature reviews, and drafting sections of research reports.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION CONCERNING OPEN CONTINUOUS ANNOUNCEMENTS
- This open continuous announcement will be used to fill vacancies within multiple divisions.
- To receive consideration, applicants must submit complete applications prior to the established cut-off date(s). An initial cut-off will take place October 6, 2017 to begin initial applicant consideration. Additional cut-off dates will occur every 30 calendar days thereafter through December 29, 2017.
- Candidates for the position who submit a completed application by 11:59 PM Eastern Time on October 6, 2017, will be reviewed and referred if found eligible and qualified. This announcement will remain open until the closing date indicated; however, those who apply after the cut-off date will be considered for referral to the hiring manager only if additional vacancies occur and/or the initial referral list is exhausted.
Applicants must recertify (i.e. update/resubmit their application through USAJobs) every 30 calendar days from date of application/certification to continue to receive consideration for the position(s). Applicants who fail to do so will not be reviewed and referred and be dropped from consideration.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel to conferences may be required
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Relocation Expenses will be paid
Applicants must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of the announcement including the following specialized experience and/or education, as identified by grade level.
In order to be found minimally qualified, you must meet both the following basic education requirement AND the specialized experience requirement.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS: A full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelors or higher degree in Economics, that included at least 21 semester hours in economics and 3 semester hours in statistics, accounting, calculus.
Combination of education and experience: courses equivalent to a major in economics, as shown above, plus appropriate experience or additional education.
Specialized Experience GS-09:
One year of specialized experience comparable to GS-07 which is directly related to the work of this position and which has equipped the applicant with the competencies to perform successfully the duties of the position. For this position, specialized experience is experience in gathering, analyzing, and presenting complex technical economic information using software and statistical methods and preparing analytical reports on agricultural economic issues.
2 years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a master’s degree, or a master’s degree or equivalent graduate.
Combination of education and experience.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
- More than one selection may be made if another vacancy occurs within 90 days of the issuance of the certification of eligibles.
- Persons with disabilities who require alternative means for communication of program information (Braille, large print, audiotape, etc) should contact: USDAs TARGET Center at 202-720-2600 (voice and TDD).
- Direct Deposit – Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of your choosing.
- E-Verify: Federal law requires agencies to use the E-Verify system to confirm the employment eligibility of all new hires. If you are selected as a newly hired employee, the documentation you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form 1-9 on your entry-on-duty date will be verified through the DHS E-VERIFY system. Under the system, the new hire is required to resolve any identified discrepancies as a condition of continued employment
- Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP), Reemployment Priority List (RPL) or Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as a CTAP, RPL or ICTAP eligibility see http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transition/. To exercise selection priority for this vacancy, CTAP/RPL/ICTAP candidates must meet the basic eligibility requirements and all selective factors. CTAP/ICTAP candidates must be rated and determined to be well qualified (or above) based on an evaluation of the competencies listed in the How You Will Be Evaluated section. When assessed through a score-based category rating method, CTAP/ICTAP applicants must receive a rating of at least 85 out of a possible 100.
- This position is eligible for telework and other flexible work arrangements. Employee participation is at the discretion of the supervisor.
- Bargaining Unit Status: Ineligible
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applications will be evaluated in accordance with Office of Personnel Managements (OPM) Delegated Examining Procedures using category rating. Applicants who meet basic minimum qualifications will be placed in one of two or three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans. Category placement will be determined based on applicants quality of experience and the extent they possess the following competencies:
- Quantitative Analysis & Data Visualization
Your application, including the online Assessment Questionnaire, will be reviewed to determine if you meet (a) minimum qualification requirements and (b) the resume supports the answers provided to the job-specific questions. Your resume must clearly support your responses to all the questions addressing experience and education relevant to this position. Those determined to be in the best qualified category will be referred to the selecting official for consideration.
Note: If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your rating may be lowered to more accurately reflect the submitted documentation. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Providing inaccurate information on Federal documents could be grounds for non-selection or disciplinary action up to including removal from the Federal service.
Clicking the link below will present a preview of the application form; i.e. the online questionnaire. The application form link below will only provide a preview and does not initiate the application process. To initiate the online application process, click the "Apply Online" button to the right.
To view the application form, visit: https://ers.usda.ntis.gov/cp/?event=jobs.previewApplication&jobid=AB6638AA-EC55-4764-B1D7-A7E800CCE061 Read more Security clearance Not Applicable