Government Property Administrator - Bowie, MD
Overview: Under general supervision, performs duties relating to property control and inventory for CCS. The scope of this position is the Center for Computing Sciences (CCS).
No supervisory responsibility. No budgetary responsibility.
- Receives and issues all property including furniture, office machinery, computers and software. Complies with tracking system requirements in assigning numbers and recording data.
- Maintains automated inventory program, ensuring information is current and accurate.
- Conducts periodic and annual inventories of government property and prepares required reports by categories, such as contract, acquisition or disposal, cost and value.
- Monitors property for serviceability, makes recommendations for repair and replacement, makes appropriate disposition as needed; moves furniture and equipment as necessary. Performs general maintenance of furniture and equipment. Processes purchase requests for parts, repairs or replacement.
- Maintains the office supply rooms/closets and insures that the appropriate supplies are on hand.
- Receives and distributes incoming U.S. Mail, and ensures that outgoing special handling mail (Certified/Registered) is posted without delay.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent, and three years experience in a purchasing or property control function, preferably in a government contract environment.
- Working knowledge of automated inventory-tracking systems.
- Experience using computers and associated software.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to obtain and maintain appropriate TS/SCI with full-scope polygraph security clearance; Active TS/SCI full-scope polygraph, preferred.