Administrative Assistant I
7 days left
- Full Time
The Administrative Assistant I provides administrative support to assigned Administrator, School or Department; establishes and maintains records; compiles and distributes materials and reports; responds to inquiries from a variety of internal and external sources. The Administrative Assistant I performs budget, finance and accounting functions of the assigned Administrator, School or Department.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Job related within specialized field with increasing levels of responsibility is required.
- Supports assigned administrative and department personnel to assist with administrative functions and ensure an efficient and effective work environment. In particular meeting the needs of the Talented and Gifted Office (TAG) and the Office of Talent Development (OTD).
- Coordinates schedules, meetings and activities in support of administrator/department staff. Shares a calendar of work load each day with Directors of TAG and OTD. Manages and responds to meeting room requests/reservation needs on 3rd and 4th floor.
- Maintain copiers/printers and all work orders for 4th floor with Braddock Place building management. Communicates with building managers on various 4th floor needs.
- Compiles data from a variety of sources (e.g. calendars, meetings, etc.) to comply with financial, legal and/or administrative requirements.
- Uses numerous data management techniques to format, enter, edit, print, and file information. In particular managing and working with the PLMS system. Reviewing training needs, answering questions about PLMS, ensuring deadlines are met, and communicating any needs with PLMS to Director of Talent Development.
- Performs record keeping and general and program specific clerical functions (e.g. scheduling, copying, faxing, mailings, distribution of materials, etc.) in support of site activities and/or administrative requirements.
- Responds to a variety of inquiries from internal and external parties to provide information, direction, and facilitate communication among parties.
- Composes documents (e.g. correspondence, agendas, minutes, bulletins, reports, etc.) to communicate information to school and district personnel, the public, state officials, etc.
- Attends meetings and workshops to record events and convey or receive information.
- Enters budget and financial data and records of transactions into a computerized accounting system in accordance with proper procedures.
- Maintains accounts involving various and complex entries. In particular working with requisitions and needs on Munis accounting system. Ensuring information is correct.
- Codes and classifies transactions involving distribution of expenditures among many classes of accounts.
- Compiles, retrieves, and reconciles monthly, quarterly, semiannual and annual totals, reports, and financial statements.
- Properly handles all cash receipts/bank deposits.
- Processes bills, fees, and other payments in a timely manner.
- Informs supervisor of fund balances and requests for expenditures especially with Tuition Assistance and Title IIa funds.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, to ensure the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance.
- Tuberculosis Skin Test.