Admissions Coordinator - Special Education School - Emotional Disabilities
The mission of The Foundation Schools is to provide a highly specialized educational and therapeutic program for students with emotional and other disabilities, social emotional and learning challenges, preparing them to be productive and successful in their future academic and career paths. We are seeking a qualified candidate to work as our Admissions Coordinator at our Largo, MD campus.
For over 40 years, The Foundation Schools’ mix of academic support and therapeutic services has given our students a chance to reach their full potential. The Foundation Schools is currently approved by the State of Maryland and the District of Columbia to provide services to students who have not been successful in their home school’s environment. The Foundation Schools has schools in Gaithersburg and Largo, Maryland that serve over 200 students in grades K-12.
Our Core Values’ provide a strong foundation for our programs, are integrated into our positive behavior intervention system, drive our actions and guide our staff and students daily to TWIRL (Teamwork, Work Ethic, Integrity, Respect, and Leadership). We offer a supportive working environment with small class sizes and excellent resources.
The Foundation Schools offers a comprehensive benefit package including tuition assistance and a generous retirement package. Visit our website at www.foundationschools.org for more information.
- Bachelor’s degree in special education, teaching, social work, psychology, counseling, psychiatric nursing or other related field is required
- A current Maryland clinical license or current MDSE certification is a plus
- Three or more years of experience in a special education setting or experience working with emotionally disabled students or children with autism is required
- Knowledge of DSM-V and IDEA 2014 and its specific applications to educating students with special education needs and emotional and other disabilities
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) abilities are a plus
The Admissions Coordinator monitors and implements the admissions process including the assessment and disposition of referrals to the program. The Admissions Coordinator will be a liaison to local educational agencies and other referral sources; they will conduct outreach programs, including conducting external training sessions, to increase awareness of The Foundation Schools and to increase student referrals. The Admissions Coordinator consults routinely with other staff to ensure student information is available for the effectiveness of the program. They maintain and communicate student statistical data relating to referrals, admissions and student discharge.
Additionally, the Admissions Coordinator will be required to perform some of the following duties based on their prior experience and/or licensure:
- They may be required to act part-time as a Program Therapist (if licensed) and provide case management for students
- They may be required to complete administrative tasks that relate to the documentation and maintenance of the students’ IEP data
- They may be required to complete administrative duties to ensure The Foundation Schools’ remains compliant with all local, county, state and federal regulations