3 days left
- Full Time
Provides full lifecycle software development to include the requirements gathering, design, development, testing, documentation, and training of customers and help desk personnel, configuration, and maintenance of developed software projects. Maintains existing custom-developed software, and supports COTS/GOTS software products as needed.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
5-8 years of related software development experience.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Requires a good working knowledge of information systems and applications
- Pursues on-going education in technical topics
- Good business communication skills
- Provides technical guidance and leadership to engineers with less experience
- Must be able to interpret specifications, troubleshoot and create software solutions
- Detail oriented and organized; able to understand information systems and ensure accuracy of work
- Microsoft .Net framework (primarily C#)
- UI/UX design
- ASP.Net Web Forms (legacy support)
- ASP.Net MVC (and associated patterns such as MVVM, service pattern, Unit of Work, etc.)
- Ajax methodology
- WCF and Web Service development
- Mobile Development (Xamarin) preferred
- SharePoint development experience preferred
- Desktop application development using WPF-based platforms, as well as Windows service development, preferred
- Microsoft SQL Server design and development knowledge preferred
- Physical Demands
- Lift over 35 LBS
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.