Incident Manager for System Admins - TS/SCI w/Poly
3 days left
- Full Time
- Responsible for the analysis, administration and support of voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
- Analyzes, administers and maintains voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
- Manages the usage and performance of voice, video and/or data communications networks.
- Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security polices and procedures.
- Evaluates hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and related equipment.
- Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
- Participates in and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades.
- Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
2-5 years of directly related experience in network administration and support.
- Record and classify received Incidents and undertake an immediate effort in order to restore a failed IT Service as quickly as possible
- Assign unresolved Incidents to appropriate Tier 2 Support Group
- Log all Incident/Service Request details, allocating categorization and prioritization codes
- Keep users informed about their Incidents' status at agreed intervals
- Associate Incidents with other records (i.e. Incidents, Changes, Problems, Knowledge Articles, Known Errors, etc.)
- Provide first-line investigation and diagnosis of all Incidents and Service Requests
- Verify resolution with users and resolve Incidents
- Escalate Major Incidents to the Incident and/or Problem Manager
- Escalate Incidents at risk of breaching Service Level Agreement to the Incident Process Coordinator.
As part of your role/function on the program, you will be granted privileged user access. Privileged Users are subject to greater scrutiny as a direct result of the significant responsibilities placed upon them. Please be aware that because of these critical duties, you will be subject to additional IT system monitoring, and supervisory evaluation to ensure continuous adherence to Privileged User processes and procedures. Privileged Users are subject to a zero tolerance policy for security violations.